Breaking News RIP R. Lee Ermey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Hammer, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly!!!!

hobo threads...

also the merging threads makes my first post overly harsh... just sayin

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

my wife now hates Schwimmer because of his role in Band of Brothers

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He did an excellent job

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Screenshot_20180416-205627.png

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I mean, its true, but you won't find a more inspirational movie from a veterans perspective.

In fact, I bet there are very few 'pro war' films ever created.

6. avvie

Disagree. Up until Apocalypse Now and FMJ, LOTS of war movies were pro-war at best and glorified it at worst. Its specifically post-Vietnam that made the turn because the World's Greatest Military got it's ass kicked by poor rice farmers. And why would'nt they?...they were just 19 year old kids. Have you noticed that since then, front line footage is never shown on the news any more? If kids actually saw what they were signing up for, nobody would.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ah, my mistake, age disconnect here. At 31, and a strong hatred for John Wayne, those movies may as well never have existed to me.

I see your point, while the footage isn’t there, I feel that kids have access to far worse these days. I remember when the beheading videos were gruesome, now it’s old news.

8. avvie

Yep. The difference was that we "won" WWII and Korea was a draw, so everybody was a hero. Vietnam was a simultaneous punch in the face and a kick in the nads. After the kerfluffle that was the Iraq "War" that only took a couple of days and in which most of the enemy surrendered because our food was better or something, suddenly war films are about Our Brave Men And Women In Uniform again, despite that they are still 19 and still somewhere else doing something other than "defending freedom". If our current clown gets ths war he and his cronies want, you'll see another paradigm shift in movies in another 15-20 years.

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar