RIP Don Shula

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tard53, May 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tard53

tard53 Special Teams Standout

The coach of the Cinderella team of the NFL...I enjoyed watching them beat those damn Cowboys...(later on in the decade)...

Rest in Peace Coach. You earned it.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

His record is in jeopardy with Bellicheck and Reid but both still have a ways to go, otherwise I think it has easily another decade or two.

3. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Good memories Don.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Bellicheck has about 4 undefeated seasons in a row to get there, he’s a ways off.

5. HurrayTitans!

I agree (actually worded the exact same way) but I think he’s still young enough to coach for another 10 years if he wanted. Vermeil was about 100.
    Although, his team isn’t looking like the auto 10+ win team anymore.

Andy Reid is also close enough/young enough to possibly get there.

Outside those two, it will at least another 10 years before we’re even mentioning another coach with a shot.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Shula got me interested in the NFL. I remember a car commercial in the early ‘80s with him in it. Dolphins were my team for a couple decades. Rest In Peace, Don.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I’m not sure where Reid is at.

I just saw a graphic at work and we were talking about how Bill might not get there, depending on how they go forward without Brady of course.

Just puts into perspective how impressive Shula’s record is.

8. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Total wins mean less than winning percentage. If you coach for 50 years and get more wins is that better?

Edit: number of games does matter obviously but even fisher if he came back is what ib the top 10 for wins?

9. HurrayTitans!

That 84’ season was incredible. I’ve only seen it from a history standpoint but I still see that Marino season as the greatest single season by a QB.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  10. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

I saw it as a sperm. My dad had translucent balls and never wore pants so I got to see the greatness when I was -4 years old

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar