Ridiculous hypothetical situation.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We get first pick in the draft next year, Luck is still going to be #1...what do you do?

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's not a ridiculous situation... very possible.

Well, I don't know enough about the other prospects. If we really think Locker is our future, then we listen to all offers and hopefully get one hell of a huge trade (bigger than the Browns got this year). We would likely either trade or draft the best player available, assuming he's also a sure thing.

I remember hearing that the Panthers would only give up their #1 (when everyone thought Luck would declare) if a team gave them three 1st round picks.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm sure there will a be a great defensive player on the board. Like Dareus this year, we'd probably just opt for a defensive player. Or, some team realllly wanting Locker would probably give us a 2012 1st & 2nd and 2013 1st & 2nd. Then i'd totally deal.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Heck, trade Locker and draft Luck.

This guy Andrew Luck is the real deal.

Luck or Locker? Say it fast.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If Locker plays like Clausen did, then it's a given. But what if he plays well (and we some how get the 1st pick)?

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Luck could get hurt next season, or worse. So, we'll take our chances on Locker yeah? Yes.

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

You trade the pick for a king's ransom. Some team would definately "Ditka" their draft to get Luck.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You're right Gunny this is ridiculous. No way we finish last in the league. Not gonna happen.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If he plays good, then we may have won the lotto, because teams will give us the farm for that 1st pick..

But, we all know that we won't get that 1st pick..

Let's go Locker!!!

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Depends. If we're #1 because Locker was the problem I'd have no issue with drafting Luck. But if we were picking #1 despite Locker I would rather draft BPA that's not Luck. Course, a guy like Luck would surely fetch a similar package that Eli Manning got which would be great too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar