Ricky Stanzi...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2UUWgv1NQ

Ponder, Locker and Dalton have threads of their own so why not this guy?

Stanzi is close to the classic size you want in a QB 6'4 223. a good athlete who moves well in the pocket and avoids the rush but does not run often.

Has perhaps the finest touch of any Qb in this draft as you will see in the video.

Durable, started 37 of 39 games and has a lot of experience and showed great improvement from 2009 to 2010. Team is 3-0 in bowl games, solid record as a starter.

Accurate, average arm but makes up for not having a cannon arm by releasing the ball early on deep passes. Very good at leading receivers on the run. Very good on screens.

Intelligent, teachable and mature. Will be 24 in September.

Maybe the lowest total bust potential of any QB but maybe not as high a ceiling as the top prospects.

A solid pick at 39 and an absolute steal in rd 3.

Gets the edge over Dalton because of size and big time experience. Gets the edge over Ponder because of durability. Gets the edge over Locker because of touch and accuracy.

For those who want to go defense in rd 1 and Qb in rd 2 this is your guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

By the way the song on the video is LAMO! Patriotic theme aside it is LAME.

Don't hold it against him.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why does everyone knock Dalton's size? He's 6'2 215 that is not small.

Drew Brees 6'0
    Michael Vick 6'0
    David Garrard 6'1
    Donovan McNabb 6'2
    Mark Sanchez 6'2
    Matthew Stafford 6'2
    Tony Romo 6'2
    Aaron Rodgers 6'2 225 (10 lbs on Dalton never said to be too small)
    Jay Cutler 6'3 (1 inch difference)

Yep too small because he isn't Peyton, Big Ben, Rivers, or Brady

Vince Young 6'5 (had more passes knocked down than Drew Brees yet has 5 inches on him?)
    Jason Campbell 6'5
    Carson Palmer 6'5

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I actually do want to wait until the 3rd to go QB. The reason being is the talent in this draft at D-Line is so huge that players with 1st round talent will surely fall to us at 39. Think if we got Fairley or Bowers at 8 then someone like Cam Heyward, Marvin Austin, or Ryan Kerrigan at 39. We'd be stacked at D-Line.

Although I will say going this route would require a lot of faith in whatever veteran QB we bring in, and since we more than likely won't know who that is, I can see why they'd want to go QB earlier.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

USA #1! haha

We'd have to take him Rd2 IMO, I don't think he'd make it past Bengals, Buffalo, Arizona, and San Fran in the 3rd... unless they all took QBs prior (which is possible).

There's a ton of 2nd & 3rd round QB prospects.

Jake Locker
    Ryan Mallett
    Christian Ponder
    Ricky Stanzi
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andy Dalton

Imagine this draft:
    #1: DaQuan Bowers
    #2: Martez Wilson
    #3: Ricky Stanzi
    #4: DL/OL/SS
    #4: DL/OL/SS

That's a solid draft :)

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Considering he was one of five finalists for 2010 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award . . . one of five finalists for Premier Player of the Year Award . . . one of 16 semifinal candidates for 2010 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award . . . one of 16 semifinal candidates for 2010 Maxwell Award . . . selected to compete in 2011 Senior Bowl . . . named Big Ten Conference offensive Player of the Week for his play in win at Michigan . . . honorable mention quarterback Performer of the Week vs. Ball State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Michigan State by College Football Performance Awards . . . Roy J. Carver Most Valuable Player, Offense . . . Permanent Team Captain, Offense . . . Hayden Fry "Extra Heartbeat" Award … I'd say he deserves a thread on this site.

I'm in limbo on which QB I want. I'll be sure by the end of today as Locker will put himself in the 1st round or in the 3rd with his pro day. Stanzi is right there will all this years QB's. Nothing great about any of them.

8. xpmar9x

Join the club. :D

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was set on Locker, but I'm seeing tons of stuff suggesting he'll defiantly be there at 39 if we want him. I like the best of the best, and the 39th player picked is far from the best of the best. I'd prefer we get one of those great players at 8, and not one of these average Joe QB's. But we'll get a better idea of what Locker is about later today in his pro day.

10. xpmar9x

Yeah I don't see Locker making it to us at 39. If he makes it past the Redskins and Vikings in the 1st round, I def don't see him making it past Seattle rd1. Plus there is Buffalo, Cincy, and Cards before us at Rd1.

I'm pretty set on Mallett, i'm hoping he's there at 39, but he may not be. Rumor has it Cincy loves him, if they don't draft a QB rd1, they'll prolly take Mallett round 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar