Rice @ Baptist Sports Park

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I say $6 million for 3 years with a $2 million signing bonus. Thats a 3 years $21 million dollar contract

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bennett got a $10 mil signing bonus. Rice will get much more.

4. TitanJeff

5. TitanJeff

According to Reinfeldt:

Rice had a medical review this morning but the docs have not returned a report. Rice met with Fisher and has already left Nashville. He said the Titans have a chance to sign Rice but Plaster didn't ask him about an offer, time frame, other teams who have shown interest, if he'd talked to his agent, etc. He talked like it was an exploratory visit only.

Maybe someone will call in and ask for more details.

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Why should we only have a little to spend in FA in the next couple years? For goddsakes, If we can't add a couple big signings (especially w/ somebody like Rice who won't be around too much longer), with our only star players (easily known to fans of every team in the NFL) being Vince and Keith Bulluck, then who the hell can make those signings?

Now I don't know about Rice in particular, always seemed a bit too unconcerned with football for me, but: (a) guy with 28 sacks in the last three years, or (b) 2 guys with 18 sacks combined in their entire careers.

I say we might as well take a shot.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Man, if we can't afford 18 mill AND to sign these guys, we are in cap hell all over again. Nobody on that list is a big name.

8. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I hope our team is moving in the direction where most of those guys are going to BE the backups.

9. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Those cap numbers are from March. We drafted 10 players and signed a few too since then. The number will be a few millioin lower, but we still have alot to work with.

I'm still a little nervous about signing him to a big deal. Not sure if he is worth what he wants. MR has been fairly "cheap" compared to other organizations so far.

10. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Rice continues tour, visits Titans headquarters

Defensive end Simeon Rice's tour of NFL teams brought him to Tennessee Titans headquarters Friday, and he was gone after a few hours. ...more

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar