Rice @ Baptist Sports Park

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Rice Visits with Titans

SUMMARY: DE Simeon Rice arrived at Baptist Sports Park this morning to visit with the Titans. Yesterday afternoon, Titans coach Jeff Fisher was not aware a visit had been arranged. "If he does come in he is coming in for a physical," Fisher said. "We will do that periodically when a player becomes available, we will bring him in and continue to build a file on him. I don't know what his status is injury wise. He was waived injured, so I just don't know." Rice was released from the Buccaneers for refusing to take a reduction in his $7 million contract. The 11-year vet with 121 sacks had shoulder surgery last season and, though some have said it isn't 100% healed, the Giants reportedly have said he is cleared to play.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. We really need this guy, our pass rush will be complete if we get him and that will help out our DBs a whole lot.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

How could Fisher not know a visit had been arranged?

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Fish being Fish...

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He probably said it because he didn't want to answer the next 20 questions related to signing him, how it changes the DE rotation, etc. or tip the team's interest to the Giants. Who knows? He's Fisher.

If Rice comes in and checks out healthy and the Titans are talking offer, then Fisher has something to talk about after practice this afternoon. My prediction is Rice gets the physical today and they wine & dine him tonight, talk money with the agent, etc. and he leaves town tomorrow nite for another team visit. I don't think the Titans will pay what he wants and he is not needing to come down on his asking price until he's made the rounds.

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Rice could be an excellent pickup if he's healthy and it's reported Dr. Andrews has cleared him to play. I live in Florida and all the reports down here are that his release was about money and team politics. If he isn't asking totally beyond belief money it could be a huge imrovement for the D, who do you double Rice or KVB. It is also being reported that the Colts will release Cory Simon in the next few days. I don't know a lot about his health or situation in Indy but he was a great player anyone know anymore about whats going on with him physiclly.

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Is Detroit still a player here? If not, I think we end up signing him (assuming he's healthy)

I read about Strahan's divorce situation and how his wife just took about 60% of his net worth from him. Pretty crazy. I think he ends up taking his 4M and playing with the NYG this season.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reason # 4,572 not to get married.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar