Revisionist History

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VolnTitan, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Seems everyone in the media want to talk about the 2000-01 playoff game when Ravens beat the Titans. They don't talk about the last playoff game between these teams when Titans went up there and beat the Ravens.

They don't talk about Titans winning last 3 out of 4.

They talk about how great the Ravens are because they won their last couple of games including Miami. They don't talk about just before that game they lost to Pitt at home and then Titans beat Pitt 31-14.

When it is brought up that Titans beat the Ravens earlier this season, up there, all the talk is the personal foul penalty on the last drive. What they don't talk about is it was 3rd down and what about the other 65+ yards we had to go to get the TD?

I don't make predictions about games. It will be great and the Ravens are very good. But we are very good also. I expect a battle. I guess I shouldn't be worked up, but after listening to The Fan up in Baltimore on AOL Radio the last couple of days, there is more talk about whether they would want to play Chargers or Steelers next, than about this game. So let them talk. I'll do my talking at the game in the stands with over 63,000 of my friends.

Bring it, Ravens.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

They talk about the 2000-2001 divisional playoff game because the Ravens went on to win the SB. Had the Titans went on to win the SB in 2003-2004 then that would be the bigger news.

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

The 2000-2001 playoff game has no bearing or relevance to this game. It's fun to compare the two, since the situations are so similar, but the outcome of this game is in no way connected to that game.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The Raven Fans talk about it because it makes the Raven fans feel like that game has something to do with this game.

5. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

The media is talking about a lot more than Ravens fans are.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

either way..it is stupid...so stupid i dont want to comment on it anymore.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I know alot of Raven fans on the station I've been listening too are talking more about who they will play in the AFC Championship game than this game tomorrow.

8. DarkRaven

DarkRaven Guest

It's just bragging rights. The Titans beat the Ravens in the Wildcard playoffs but they never made it to the Superbowl after that. The Ravens made it to the SuperBowl after they beat the Titans and the Raiders, so that is where the storyline comes alive for the media. And secondly, the Titans defense is good but they don't have anyone on their team who the publics knows. People know Ray Lewis, people know Ed Reed, and so its just a better story to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar