Returns of the xfl

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 520, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I consider myself somewhat of a historian for the game and I'm always learning new things. I know this thread is about a possible return of a NFL spin-off league like a few we seen before.

In my time, I've seen XFL 1, NFL Europe, World League 2 (or so I thought), World League 1 and while I didn't watch it because I was too young, the USFL existed.

Anyway, just saw this short YouTube documentary on what was really the first attempt at the world league in 1974.

It's kind of interesting. They took a shot while NFL was in labor disputes(although not quite in a strike, but threatened) and a quick failure, kind of due to mismanagement.

Some folks may enjoy it. It's 7:30 minutes.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Watching another XFL video, I found that the very first player drafted was Scott milanovich. He got hurt or benched for tommy maddox, the league MVP.

He's also the jaguars current QB coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar