Return Man!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 8, 2009.

?
  1. D. Edison

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. J. Ringer

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  3. C. Henry

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. R. Mouton

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The problem is, Henry would run into the wrong one. I really can't think of an example of a RB with worse vision.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I knew you would bring that up lol, while that is a valid argument. Im basing my view on the fact that after carr started at cb for us, he said that he wanted to show he is more than a returner. He has been saying he wants to also play cb all along so it makes sense. He said he didn't care about the money. Listen we can go back and forth all day. But its over and he's gone. Lets just move on.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He's still #4 or 5 on the Ravens depth chart - exactly the same as he would have been here.

Strangely, though, he has $500k more than the Titans were offering. Not saying it started out that way, but that's exactly how it ended up being.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd use Ringer for starters, then Henry, until Mouton can return. Henry kind of needs to play a lot on teams, IMO. And hey, if he does the snobberknocking this time around, so much the better. He probably gave a couple of Packers concussions during that game. I doubt Brandon Underwood was conscious when the Packers told him he made the squad.

Anyway, Henry would be my second choice, if Ringer's one and only return turned out to be a fluke.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Sorry. My bad.
    I didn't post that for the exact reasons you think.
    I posted that to symbolize that quite a few times a player will say it's not about the money, adamantly say it's not about the money, then turn right around and go to the highest bidder.
    I'm not accusing Carr of doing that, I was just saying.
    I too wish we would have kept Carr, especially with my mindset on his role.
    If it were me, I'd be f#$%@#$%ing ecstatic about returning punts. Think about it, that's all you have to do...return punts and kicks and maybe every now and then fill in for Finny, Harper or Fuller. He may have been a backup CB, but he was a STARTING punt returner.
    Regardless if it was for more money or a starting position other than what he was starting at, that showed me that he was thinking about himself more than what he could contribute to the team (that he supposedly wanted to stay with so bad).

6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

^ I don't think you can, or at least dont think you should, hold that against Carr. These guys are ultracompetitive (most of them at least). They all want to be on the field as much as possible. While he wasn't stellar, Carr's play was fairly solid filling in for Harper and probably gave him confidence that he could be a starting corner or at least a nickelback in this league. Vincent Fuller was initially looking elsewhere when Free Agency started, and it was for the exact same reasons. He was looking to be a starting corner or safety rather than nickel which is situational. In the end he decided he'd rather stick with the Titans and it was probably the best decision both financially and in terms of playing time. He may not have garnered the early attention he hoped he would have.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

When he said he wanted to stay in Nashville, even if it meant taking a pay cut, then leaving to Balti because he didn't like his current STARTING position, then yes, I will hold that against him.
    If he hadn't said anything and just left, I wouldn't have anything to say.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Personally, I can't really fault Carr a great deal for skipping town. Though he's never been a stellar CB, he's had success when he's been out on the field (I still remember him picking off Roethlisberger for six a couple years ago... tempted to say he did that twice, but not sure) - At this point he might be convinced that he can show Baltimore his skills at corner, and develop into a starter there. He wasn't going to get that opportunity here in Tennessee...

I wholeheartedly agree with you; I'd be ecstatic to be an NFL return man too, but this man is a professional athlete. If there's a chance that he could be more than that, he'll go after it.

Seriously, Haynesworth leaving I can deal with. It was in the cards. But I still really wish we could have found a way to keep Carr in town... funny now how we're concerned about our depth at CB, too...

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Maybe the FO knew something we didn't; kinda like with Laboy and Odom with their at best mediocre post-Titans careers?
    But then again, Lamont Thompson started for waaaaay too long and Chris Henry is still on the roster.
    I wish we could have kept him too. He would rarely get us great field position, but he seemed to consistently get us much better than average field position.
    I have no problem with him wanting to broaden his horizons, but his actions did not match his words when he left, at least the way that I see it.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd like to have Carr right about now. He wasn't a great return guy but he didn't totally suck. Now at CB, he almost totally sucked except for when he stole that one pick. I'd like to have him now but don't miss him that much.

I think that someone will step up and win the KR/PR duties. Haha duties. Come on Chris Henry redeem yourself from that Indy game when you ran into that brick wall. You still got up and took it like a champ. Get ya ball on playa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar