Return man Wylie ready to redeem himself

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans are giving return man Devon Wylie another shot, and for that he is thankful.

Wylie lost a fumble in Thursday’s loss to the Colts, and it was quickly cashed in for a touchdown in the team’s eventual 30-27 loss. It was a momentum-changing mistake, but it didn’t cost Wylie his job.

Wylie, nicknamed “Wiggles”, was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster last week. He was playing in his first game of the 2013 season.

“I am extremely grateful, and I am just going to keep working hard and let them know the faith they have in me is worth their while,’’ Wylie said. “It hasn’t been easy the last few days, but I am excited to be here. I think it was kind of a fluky thing (on Thursday) and I have to move on and take it from here.”

Wylie lost the handle on the football when he ran into the back of one of his blockers, tight end Craig Stevens. The former Kansas City Chiefs returner handled three other kickoffs against the Colts for a 21-yard average, and he returned one punt for four yards.

On Monday, the Titans worked out return men Courtney Roby and Quan Cosby, but elected to stick with Wylie.

Wylie, who played at Fresno State, said he’ll have plenty of family and friends in the stands on Sunday on Oakland when the Titans face the Raiders.

“I am definitely motivated to go out there and show that what happened (Thursday) is not something that happens a lot, and show that I am the returner for the team and deserve to be back there,’’ Wylie said. “I was to reinstall face in the coaches.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

3. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Munch and his 2nd chances for KR/PR's, how's that been working out for you and the team so far Munch ? I am thinking if this guy blows his opportunity, I may drive down to Nashville and see if I can walk on. Used to run the 100m in 11.2, maybe he'll give a 47 yr. 5'8" 160 lb old man who hasn't played football since 7th grade a shot. God knows I couldn't possibly be much worse than what we have already thrown out on the field thus far this year

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

F that guy

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

And if he does well? what then

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

He better.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I should hope so

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

of for f**** sake! Here we go again!

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Dont know enough about our practice squad to know if there are better options. I dont want any of our WR/CB doing it, thats for sure.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So he's keeping Wiggles over a proven KR/PR like Roby?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar