Report: Titans to add Vet, Locker 2nd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure who we will end up with but obviously we need a vet QB. At minimum I think the vet would start until the bye week while Locker gets his feet under him. There simply won't be enough time, even if the CBA gets ironed out for a rookie to be ready to compete. If the vet is playing well and our record is decent going into the bye there may be no reason to play Locker this year. I'd like to see Locker get some snaps this year but I don't think we should throw him out there in game #1. Maybe they can get some packages together like they did for VY and/or have him play if the game is out of hand. They will still want to try and win as many games as possible. I just don't see Locker being ready with only a pre-season to get ready. Once we are out of the playoff picture then throw him out there.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gradkowski is lucky to even be in the nfl and get paid to play football. He's no good! WTF is wrong with some of you people? I get so tired of sheep just blurting out the most ignorant crap. He has done nothing! He is not even a good backup!

Gradkowski is not the same caliber guy as Collins or Hasselback. Why is he being talked of that way? His stats are terrible.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What if we just played Locker and he threw 20 Tds with 23 ints and a 65 passing rating? Could he do that?

Those are Gradkowski's stats!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Smudger

Smudger Starter

Absolutely agree here, everyone blasts the Alex Smith pick but if Aaron Rodgers had to deal with being started early, a leaking O-Line and a different offensive coordinator and scheme every other year then he would be in the same boat.

The team will be adjusting to a lot of coaching changes, lets hope a vet can help with that transition and then the team will be in a better place to support and nurture Locker when he steps up.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

i really hope we don't bring in KC another season.hoping we can bring in someone different like Hasselbeck.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'd be pretty happy with most of the names that have been kicked around here... they all are professionals who could come in and hold the fort down. I've mentioned before that I wouldn't rule out Leinart, although he's clearly not the same caliber, but he's taken his licks in the NFL and got caught trying to compete with a Super Bowl MVP in a career resurgence.

But all in all I hate to say it - Collins is probably the best bet. I was harsh on him last year and convinced he was done. But then I learned more and more about his finger injury and I think it's pretty likely he still has some time left. He knows our offense and has proven to have had some moderate success in it. With all the other change and the limited time from the lockout Collins might make the most sense as crazy as that sounds.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The packers didn't groom Rogers slowly over time as some master plan. He sat the bench because they had a hall of fame QB!!!!! Why do people keep posting is if what the packers did has any relevance to our situation at all?

Rogers was drafted in 05 and didn't start until 08. Should we then sit Locker until 2014? Then how does that have anything to do with our situation at all?

Plus nobody has any clue how Rogers would have done of he had to play right away.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Are you always on your period?

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Not crazy at all. I agree. It's been mentioned on other threads, it's a very logical, safe, transitional thing to do. Unfortunately, many fans here seem to live in a pipe dream as opposed to reality.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

At this point, I'd put 6-10 games in Collins' hand. I'll give him that. I still think a full season would be hard for him to complete. If they go with Collins, I'd put 4 games on Locker playing significantly as an opening wager.

That to me is surely why Reinfeldt wants to bring in a different veteran. That way, it reduces the chance that Locker gets forced into action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar