Report: Titans about to walk on Finny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd pay 10.6 this year for Finnegan but not for whatever years after that. If Finnegan wants to get paid like a top CB go ahead and bust a team's bank open but I'm starting to think worst case is he's franchise tagged.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think that the FO is probably willing to lock Cortland up. It took them a while but they eventually got CJ signed. I think we'll get something worked out sooner rather than later. I don't expect things to drag out like they did with CJ. We'll either get him locked up long term and everyone will be happy or we tag him and start taking offers for him.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah I believe Webster will offer the franchise tag, or a multi-year deal for less money or more years. It'll be a fair deal, and he'll basically say take it or leave it.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The question I keep coming back to and asking myself is this; if we replaced someone like Hawkins (who played very well last year imo) where Finny played last year, how big of a dropoff would there be? And is that dropoff worth $10 million per year?

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hey, shouldn't we at least tag him and trade him?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People that keep bringing up how Finnegan is "only popular because he plays dirty/picks fights"...

Maybe you weren't around BEFORE the Andre Johnson scuffle, but I was. And you couldn't be more wrong.

Sorry. But anyone that doubts Finnegan is a top 10 CB in the league needs to turn off ESPN and start watching football GAMES and not highlights. Same types that probably thought Roy Williams, Deangelo Hall, and Bob Sanders were amazing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Bob Sanders WAS amazing...

I get your point though.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sanders was too frail for football

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't even know if the sand man was frail...he was really just too reckless for his own well being..

The human torpedo

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

There is not a single person in the world that could cover those guys one on one if they are playing by the NFL rules. It is just not possible.

But I agree on the money. I think a contract among the top 5 corners in the league is a little too much. But he is definitely in that second tier of guys, so I think between 8M - 9M per year would be a fair deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar