Report: Titans about to walk on Finny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

NO! If we sign anyone we will be in cap hell for half a decade and have to cut half our team!

:sarcasm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

What impact has he made? He had one interception last year and is only descent in coverage. Name a play that he made last year that changed the course of the game or won the game for the Titans.

Cortland is living off this undeserved reputation as being a shut down corner and he’s nowhere near that. He got that reputation when Albert was dominating at DT for us in 2008, because the QB’s were having to rush their throws because of the pressure Albert was creating.

Do you guys really think if we put Cortland 1 on 1 with Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, or any other top WR in the league, that Cort would shut them down? I sure don't. In fact, he would get schooled. And some of you want to pay him $10 million? Nepotism is a b*tch and it will get us in cap hell if we just spend to keep players just because we like them, they've always played for us, or they do good things in the community. None of which equate to wins on the field.

I’m all for bringing him back, but not over $7 million, which he has already turned down.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

His impact is felt by what is not seen on his side of the field.

Duh.

If balls are not thrown to him, then he's doing his job...

And Finnegan has defended AJ and whoever else before.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We have money for bother Freeney or Mathis and Finnegan.

According to Webster, Finnegan and his agent will be meeting with him in Indy during the combine to discuss contracts/franchise tag.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

One interception because he was rarely targeted. He's also a sure tackler and versatile player. He also sets the tone with his physical play. Is he worth $10 million a year? Not a chance, but we're not going to find his replacement on the practice squad either.

Tell me this. If CB was an obvious need this past season, and Finnegan was on the market, who would you be wanting us to sign? For the love of God, everyone seems to want us to sign two DE's who can't stop the run, or one DE who hasn't played a complete season in a while, any of which will apparently cost $30 million. By the way, if we lose Finnegan, CB becomes an obvious need.

And why are we so quick to bring up seasons he played solid when we did have a pass rush and no mention of the seasons where he still played solid despite us not having a pass rush... like this past season. Finnegan has only really had one down year, and it wasn't that bad.

Is Finnegan perfect? No, but he is more than solid and having the ability to tag him and keep him for one more year is an advantage we shouldn't give up.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is he worth $10.6M this year?

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Ok. Everyone that keeps asking "Is he worth blahblahblah?"

Tell me, who are we going to spend that money on that would provide a noticeable difference? Please inform me of who we are actively pursuing that is worth a damn. Waiting.

Finny is proven, so if you say a rookie, I will backhand you.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Best case scenario is we tag him, and start negotiations on extending our other two starting CBs in McCourty and Verner.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This team was a trainwreck WITH Bulluck towards the end of his career. In fact, he ignited some controversy beforehand. Bulluck was not missed for a second. He was there for the lowest point in Titans history , 59-0. He was below average towards the end of his run. Anybody think that the Titans should have offered him what he wanted?? Nope.

Finnegan is a different story. Finnegan has plenty in the tank, but honestly, the only reason he's making headlines is because he knows who to pick fights with. Bulluck earned his reputation. Finnegan is a starf###er, to put it harshly.

I think he deserves a decent amount of money. On the Titans he is a once in a decade player, because the Titans have sucked at CB for a good while. in the NFL, he is an above average player. So you offer him above average money. If he wants the stupid kinds of money like Nate Clements, A Samuel, or Asomugha money, he can walk to someone who will.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've not read this thread so it may have been mentioned but never take anything said by either side right now literally. Both sides are playing games. The Titans won't give Finnegan their final offer until the day before he hits the market. They never do on the big contracts.

Lots of posturing going on right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar