Reminder: State of the Franchise Today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He needs some good PR.

That state of the franchise was crap. I listened to it on the radio. Dwayne Jarrett with pick #19. I'm pretty skeptical on that one, but I understand they don't devote much time looking past the surface.

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Maybe Pac just needs a real scare to shake him enough to realize his friends are 90% of the problem. I think that Pac has been trying to change ever since last year, but has been hindered by his friends actions and his loyalty to them. Maybe it's not already too late. I wish that I would have gotten to see this program, but I missed it... dang it. KB is all they talked to? No VY!?! :))

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the whole USC-Chow thing is a little played

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

like earlier posted, it replays tonight 9 / Midnight then it repeats on loop aat like 3 am til mid morning or so

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I understand he's doing a GQ shoot today -- then a judge for the Miss America contest.

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I could not find any "state of the franchise" program on tonight or tomorrow... Is this under a different name in the program guide or something? Film Session or something? Only thing that I could find on tonight was path to the draft and nfl total access along with america's game... I am confused.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

We all saw how much it helped Leinart :ha:

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Well, I watched it....not much to report. Bulluck was about as depressed as anyone could have been, if I read people right. They asked him about losing so many top players, and he just said we will have to wait and see how it shakes out, and mentioned "rebuilding" again. It was also noted by the hosts that the Titans have offed 29 players in the last several years, and only brought in 9 so far. There was a lot of skepticism, with good reason. Seems the Draft, Develop, Depart routine is alive and well in Music City. They noted that we were 32nd in defense last year, and had really done nothing to address the problem, other than bringing in some secondary people. They also showed many times where we overran plays, and running backs killed us with cutbacks. Talk about lack of discipline.....it really makes you wonder how these guys get paid to be professional coaches. I don't want to be a doomsayer this early, but I am certainly keeping my expectations for this year very low. Teams rarely lose their #1 receiver, another starting receiver, #1 running back and don't address needs in a defensive line and go on to be better the next year. Prove me wrong.....please.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it was a segment in Total Access

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

WARNING: Major rant below, read at your eye's expense. :p

Don't take this the wrong way, but as we all know you tend to be a doomsayer quite often. That aside, these national media types, especially those know-it-all's over at NFL network, think they know oh so much about us when they don't. Now, granted, I believe we layed an egg with the whole Henry situation, but as far as the way we handled Bennett/Wade, I'm not disappointed. Why would we over pay a #2 to again attempt being a #1 or a slot guy #2 money? The only way Bennett warrants the Ram's top dollar is because of A) their offense and B) he'll be the #3 up there and won't have the double teams he got here. Plus if Holt or Bruce go down, they know Bennett is a capable #2. Also, Curtis was probably the only guy worth bringing in to replace Bennett, but why would we pay something close to what Bennett got with the Rams for a guy who is a slot guy to attempt being a #1 when he has no experience in that role. Not to mention he played on turf and it's well documented he struggled on grass.

As for the Defensive side of the equation, who the hell did anyone expect us to bring in to help on the DL that would've been a significant upgrade over what we already have? Seriously, the media boys rant and rave how the FA class was pretty weak and yet are quick to criticize us for not overpaying for talent we already have. Ok, so there was Kerney, Wistrom, Dwayne White and Kevin Carter. Kerney is on his last leg and was coming off an injury. I hope Seattle gets their worth out of Kerney, but honestly they probably wont. Wistrom can't even pass a physical any more. Dwayne White....who? Finally, we have Kevin Carter. Ok, this was one pick up I think we should've tried to land, but as was common this year, Tampa overpaid for a guy who is about to be 34 yrs. old. Also, Adalius Thomas is a 3-4 LB...he wouldn't have been an option here. Especially with our brain dead defensive coordinator, Chief Red Hat Jim.

Finally, I feel the way Reinfeldt has handled things has been pretty good (aside from the Henry situation and the slight overpaying of Fowler). He's brought in proven depth at positions we needed depth at and is bound to bring in more. Not to mention he did this by paying them very little/their market value. This is something we've needed, proven guys at critical positions who can step up when someone goes down. We don't need to be relying on rookies to hopefully rise to the occasion when called on. That's how we had those abysmal years we had previously. Maybe if we can bring in someone like Ian Scott to take the place of Robaire and possibly a LB, I think we'll be fine. Then combine that with a solid draft, we'll be in good shape.

Now, I'm not saying by any means that we'll possibly do much better than last year, but I have a feeling we'll surprise some people once again and make another push for a WC spot. Anyways, here's to a great season and hopefully the end to all this whining of a poor offseason. Like one article earlier said, winning in FA doesn't necessarily translate to Wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar