Remember when everyone wanted Haynesworth kicked off the team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not like AH's, which makes comparing the two cases asinine.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm going to admit that I felt the same way.

Just curious, if we franchise him with the 1 year deal, no reason we can't trade him right? How much cap hit would it be on a one year deal? Wonder what we could get?? Maybe a first round and a future first day pick in the next draft? or more... I wouldn't be upset if we go that route. Maybe trade for an established DT in the league with the picks or draft a few early.

Let's all remember, as dominant as AH looks this season, its only this season he's ever looked this good.

I'm afraid it's only time before AH blows up again, hope not though. It's hard to make a fair opinion on someone through what you read and see on tv, but to me, AH seemed more sincere than Pacman ever has. AH was talking about, how immediately after the stomp, he was in the lockerroom thinking of his family, how he let them down, how he couldn't believe it happened.. i honestly almost think it scared him that he got that out of control. It seemed more like deep thought and that he knows he has to mature.

I don't have that feel with Pacman.

3. Hoffa

How they acted after being suspended;

Pacman, (apples) Still went to strip clubs
    Albert, (oranges) Stopped stomping on heads

Pacman, Said he had never done anything wrong
    Albert, Said he had done something wrong

Pacman, Said he would not change for anyone
    Albert, Said he would change

Pacman, Joined a wrestling circus
    Albert, Quietly did community service

Pacman, Broke traffic laws
    Albert, Went to anger management classes

Pacman, Threaten to appeal his punishment
    Albert, Never threatened to appeal his punishment

Pacman, Said he should have his suspension shortened
    Albert, Quietly served his suspension.

SO, this is why I think it's unfair to compare these two cases. They are very different.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

5. alzarius

alzarius Guest

They did bad things

AH playing good

I cheer

So what........

Titans are my team. If someone is playing good, no matter how much of a turd they are, Im going to say hell yea, not say "damn, i wish he hadnt done that because he used to be a turd."

I must be a horrible person.

6. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

I believe Pacman has been reported going to a strip club once since being suspended.....maybe a bad decision, but hardly a crime.

Albert was shown on multiple camera angles....raking his feet across someones head. Pac has been accused of wrong.....not convicted...so why would he admit to doing wrong if has been falsely accused. He HAS admitted to making bad decisions in the past.

What Pac was saying is that he would not change the person he is......he immediately followed that by saying he made some bad decisions in the past, and he would stop making poor decisions.

Pacman has been doing his work with the community also.....if the man wants to take part in wrestling let him....he's not taking part in anything that would get him injured....I suppose it would be okay if it were professional bowling instead of wrestling.

Pac has also gone to classes.....and minor traffic violations shouldn't even be brought up. I'm sure even Goodell himself has gotten a ticket before.

He felt his suspension was unjust, because he hadn't been convicted of anything....and there was a long list of players that had done much worse than Pac and had been suspended for less time, or not suspended at all......not to mention that Goodell instituded the new player conduct policy AFTER pac's run-ins with the law... He had reason to appeal.

The 10 game shortening was a possibility for good behavior...so if he thinks he's had good behavior, then why not believe he would be back this year. It's not like he's demanding to have his sentence reduced....He would like it reduced...and hopes Goodell will do just that.

I have to be honest....I probably would be rooting for him to banished from the league if he were a Colt or a Jag, but he's not...he's a Titan and one of the most amazing players i've ever seen. It is so much fun to watch him play. I honestly don't think he'll be back this year. But it's nice to know that no matter how much success we have this year, we will have a pro bowl caliber CB and an amazing returner added to this roster next year.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Don,t know where to stick this but this is a AH thread so i'l put it here.Albert Haynesworth is only officialy credited with 1 qb pressure this season?and 1 tackle for loss on si.com.what the f***?

8. BronzeHammer

BronzeHammer Guest

ezeblazin

Thank you for a salient, comprehensive post about Pacman. I'm honestly shocked to read one not written by me, but damn good work.

9. Hoffa

I respect all your points, but I stand by my opinion that AH and Jones are two different cases that cannot be compared to one another in determining how people feel about the two players situations.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

. He has 26 tackles, 10 quarterback pressures, two passes defensed, a sack and a tackle for a loss. - Tennessean

Another coaches opinion on Haynz:
    "He's very explosive at the point of attack, but what you see is tremendous speed for a big guy," said Coach Jon Gruden, whose Buccaneers will try to slow down Haynes-worth on Sunday. "He is unbelievable. I'm really impressed with his stamina, his ability to make plays east and west as well laterally as well as vertically. We all know he is one of the most powerful, complete inside players that there is in football." - jon gruden

Haynesworth is playing so well there's early talk of his candidacy for NFL Defensive Player of the Year. -- Tennessean

source - http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071012/SPORTS01/710120417/1027/RSS0201

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar