Remember the days when!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by stillmatic23, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree, what kind of terrible receiver with poor hands catches 93, 100, 97, 80 and 85 passes in full seasons?

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Math is hardly your strong suit. TO had 85 receptions, 17 drops. Drew had 46 receptions, 6 drops. Both of the vids you show with Drew also show him getting ready to be lit up by a defender, and you fail to mention that in the first one the pass is severely underthrown. I can remember several TO drops that hit him in stride and no defender was going to lay the wood to him. Drew is gone now, so it's academic...we will just see what kind of stats he puts up with Bulger.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Somehow I knew it wouldn't make sense to you.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was going on the 5.46 that SK was using.

And what does getting lit up have to do with anything? Isn't football a contact sport?
    And underthrown or not, hit him square in the hands. Of course when you duck your head and close your eyes because the big bad cornerback is coming you will tend to drop them.

Oh and for the Giants one, lit up? How would he know he was facing the QB not the CB. He turned before he had the ball, he dropped it. And then ducked his head and called out for his mummy.

But continue using pathetic excuses.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Bennett is not built to take on big, bad cornerbacks....but TO can handle it. You trusted someone else to do your math and got burned....shame on you.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And you continually get burned by justifying simple, yet dropped passes.

:rolleyes:

He wasn't taking them on, he was running routes. That is what a WR is meant to do isn't it? Aside from catching the ball which he couldn't even do unless it is handed to him on a silver platter. Or is it now if the Cornerback is bigger than the WR he is allowed to be a pansy?

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Drew isn't built for it? The guy is 6-5, and weighs over 200 pounds. He should be able to take on a CB without too much fear. TO is two inches shorter and ten pounds heavier. Not much difference in my book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar