Reinfeldt Looking to Upgrade Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the new collective bargaining agreement in place, June 1 isn't as eventful as it used to be. But a few veterans may be cut and Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt will be looking to upgrade a few areas of the team if someone becomes available. "There are some spots where we may add more depth," Reinfeldt said. "I think wide receiver is one area and potentially the halfback is, too. A defensive lineman is a possibility. It is a year-round process, and we will continue the process. As people get released, potential trades are out there. … And those are things we continue to evaluate as we try and get our roster where we need it by the start of the regular season." Talks continue with RB Chris Brown and WR Justin McCareins is also rumored to be someone the Titans may seek if he is cut by thr Jets.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Not sure about Chris Brown - he was decent when he wasn't injured, but man was he injured all the time. McCareins hasn't been very productive in NY, but I still think he's talented and could be a help. I'd like to see him but I won't cry if nothing happens. I think a guy like Moulds might be better - even if he's lost a step I think his experience would be good for our young WR group.

3. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

So this makes me wonder. Who may be cut?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hilarious..

We still have a need for a back? After using 2 straight 2nd rd picks it's not enough to plug in some guy like ganther or an UNFA for the third spot? I guess brown would be fine if he doesn't mind making 750k but i can't believe someone won't get him instead.

We draft 3 Wr and still are looking for another? Of course you want to be on the look out for late cuts like robaire last year but are we really that desperate?

5. MJTitans

"There are some spots where we may add more depth," Reinfeldt said. I don't hear desperation there. We've been killed with depth issues the last few years - it happens every year in October/November, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was a source of contention between Fisher and Reese, because Fisher has been vocal about not having depth in place when the injuries build up. As soon as Reese goes, that's what the Titans go to town with... We were lucky last year to pick up Hartsock late in the season when we were completely out of tight ends. I like that Reiny/Fish have given themselves room to do that searching now - see what's out there. Even if you don't sign anyone just the mention of it serves notice to your players that they better perform.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Its crazy talks continue with CB when they already handed out his number

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Interesting comment out of the above article

" Brown is in the picture perhaps because of uncertainty with running backs LenDale White and rookie Chris Henry.

White returned to the practice field Thursday after missing three weeks with a hamstring injury. Henry has gotten a lot of reps, but hasn't been overly impressive

8. MJTitans

Yea, that comment took me a minute to digest. Then I realized it was coming from Jim Wyatt, who I tend to disagree with anyway. What can a rookie do that is impressive in OTAs, anyway? Doubt any of them have much of a clue at this point - still trying to learn the system. There have been lots of reports of KVB knocking the ball out of Henry's hands, but also good comments from players about Henry hitting the hole hard and being very fast. I'll get worried about the fumbles if they continue in preseason, otherwise I'll take the players assesments of Henry over a Tennessean writer.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, I thought they were still practicing without pads? How can a running back be unimpressive when he hasn't even gotten tackled yet?

10. Thats what MJ was saying because it is only OTAs there isnt really that much that any of them can do to be impressive unless its like a DB vs WR drill or a qb hitting the receiver in stride but as far as being an RB, lineman or LB i dont think that u can do anything to impress, besides what henry is diong which is showing that he is very very fast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar