Reinfeldt Comments on the Upcoming Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt feels Saturday's NFL Draft is strong with players which fit some positional needs on his team. "I think the 2008 draft is an interesting draft from the perspective that there are some positions that are very good in it. There’s great depth at wide receiver. The running back, there’s some really interesting people," said Reinfeldt. "I think we’re in a situation where as we go into the draft, one of the things that both Jeff and I said early on is we’d be looking for playmakers, and I think there’s some good playmakers in this draft, guys that can help us score points and move the football. I think that’s a good thing from our perspective."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*waits for MR bashing*

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He's been talking to titan jeff about the draft?

Based on those comments it seems we will be drafting WR and maybe RB early. Could just be BS though..

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd say it is most likely BS. No GM gives away his hand unless they have the first pick.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just a few final thoughts on the draft:

I maintain my opinion the Titans will not draft a RB in the first two rounds. However, the first round may shape up with RB being the clear BPA at #24. If that is the case, I hope they trade down.

The more I read Reinfeldt, the more I see the Titans looking for a speed WR in the first or second round. This probably means it's totally smoke and mirrors and he'll go CB or DL and look at WR in the second.

One thing I think will happen is the Titans will use those two fourth-rounders to try to move up their pick in the third or get another pick in the third. There will be some serious talent on the board and Reinfeldt and company will have Saturday night to do their homework and get the most of those picks. I see some great value if they can land in the upper tier of the third round.

I still think the pick is DeSean Jackson if he's there. If not, Merling. If he's gone, I think we may see Balmer or a CB.

I'm also glad that it's finally here.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'm going to miss the noon EST starting time... 3PM will seem like forever in arriving. I haven't really paid much attention to what's going on regarding the tv coverage of the draft but i notice that at least up here in Canada we're not getting the ESPN coverage. There was a time that would have pissed me off, but I have to confess that I've grown to prefer the guys over at the NFL net over the bombastic ESPN talking heads.

My preference is that the Titans take Merling, but I have to admit I'd really, really love it if the Titans traded up ahead of Dallas and scooped up Felix Jones (if only just for the sheer spite of it... probably why I'd make a terrible GM :) )

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I hope Rashad Mendenhall or Felix Jones are available on the board at # 24, then do you guys still think we should go wideout, knowing the history of wideouts taken on the first round like let's say Detroit Lions!! I hope they choose the best player on the board if the opportunity arise. Go Titans may the force be with you!!!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Felix jones with the 24th pick? WTF!

I can think of 32-40 guys i would rather have us take.

One player we might not be able to ignore with that pick is kenny phillips the safety out of miami. I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted cason in the 1st rd.

Eddie royal might be worth looking at in rd 2.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think some of the smoke screen stuff is over blown. I seriously doubt other teams are reading this article and using these comments to develop their strategy. Everyone has their hands full just trying to get the guys rated correctly.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't be surprised to see people from Dallas, Seattle, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh browsing around. They need to know if their #1 choice is going to be there or if they need to think about trades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar