Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Wrong. Americans don't care about a bunch of Brittish soccer hooligans showing up to watch Major League Soccer in Brittan.

Do you disagree with this? ^ How much MLS do you see on network television? Nill. How much is on cable? Very little... Sure if USA was in the world cup final people would be talking. It would get loads of attention but the thing is nobody is going to give a crap about the cup until the the USA is in the quarter final or sniffing the semis. If the USA was eliminated early hardly anyone would be dissapointed because people don't care. Think of it like this... NFL post season vs. World Cup, hell, NFL regular season vs. World Cup... tell me that the World Cup compares with NFL in relative popularity. It's not even close.
    In contrast if England was eliminated early the UK suicide rate would triple overnite.

2. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

1. I would definietlly travel to England, watch the Texans against New Orleans if neccesary, and come back to my beloved city and country. No way I would with NFLE
    2.Regular
    3.¿Are you asking me this?
    4.No, it would meter it and see if germans, spaniards, frenchs,dutchs italians and brits all summ up enough to fill up Wembley for just one day one season. For me is like a once in a lifetime chance. With lowfare flights is reachable to anyone.
    5. No, i think NFLEurope should bet aborted, and make othwer kinds of programs if what they want is to increase football fanbase. Like flag football programs for schools. For most europeans is hard to like football if you dont understand it. And is hard to understand it if you havent played it, or lived it all around you. Thats what gets me to flag football or to making more europeans play it (and not to make prospects for the nfl)

Is idiotic to play a regular game in London?

Maybe... probablyit is for sure but to me the question is...

Is it more idiotic than to support NFLE as a increasing fanbase program in Europe?

3. I would probably never see sunlight again for weeks

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Another thing that might possibly prevent a such event, is the fact that any game played in Europe will fall under the juristiction of WADA and whatever Anti-Doping organisation England has.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

True, what we need it to be is an olympic sport. That will ensure that teams around the world form. Maybe start out making it a winter olympic sport. It would be a nice draw, and interesting to watch, and pretty much anyone would be capable of fielding a team. Then you'd have some kids looking to play and they'd be european. Then you could fills teams like mls does, and probably get better nfl prospects in the long term. It's time to go international. Everyone here likes playing football. I have no doubt they would like it in europe too if they grew up with it. We love soccer here as yutes because we play it. Many of us carry that into adulthood. Football could be the same in euro epcot.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Yeah. Great idea......:crazy:

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well it's not that bad an idea, if you don't allow NFL or CFL players to participate, because frankly an NFL all star team would obliterate any other team.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SlammaJamma, are you aware that baseball is no longer a medal event in the summer games? I don't expect the IOC to endorse American football as an exhibition event ever. Besides, what kind of American football tourney could you have in the relative short span of the Olympiad? It will never happen.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Look at all the sports in there. Shoot, motoball was an olympic sport. Anything is possible. If you build it, people will play, and people will pay. I have no doubt. And sure, the americans would dominate, but you know what, it doesn't matter, cause that's how you get a sport started. everybody likes an evil empire they can try to tear down, and what better way to do it than at football. The Dream Team was supposed to be a disaster. Then Jordan signed on. And wow, people loved the obliteration. Even the obliterated.

If you had 8 teams. you could get r done. You simply need to have a qualifying round one week before the olympics.

The NFL has wide mass appeal here. Much more than baseball. There is no reason to think that other countries would not be ready to adopt football. A game is a game. If you build it, people will come, and they won't even think twice about handing over their money.

You put it in the winter olympics to get a draw. People will go to see it. People will play.

Whatever reason the IOC has come up with to keep baseball and football out, I'm sure it is reasonable, but it has nothing to do with sport, because frankly, they are top tier sports compared to the other sports already in there.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'd rather be wrong than right about the whole Olymipics thing. I'd love to see football as an event but I just don't think it will ever happen.

I think you are wrong about motoball however...
    If memory serves that was the Goodwill Games, but still, point taken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar