Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Money, Japan and China won't go through all the trouble and getting all the permits and money just for a game to show to a small fan-base. England is the most suitable choice for a game to be played outside of Amercia

2. If they are going to do it, maybe they should make it the first game of the regular season, on a Thursday, so they can have 10 days before their 2nd game.

The only problem with that is they want to use 2 bad teams that don't draw much attendance at home. The first game of the year needs to be 2 good teams.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

This begs the question....which sport is the real football :brow:

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Thats a great idea. Ill get a group of investors and put a team in Berlin. Their team name will be the Berlin Thunder

5. Nope, it's definitely gonna be before a teams bye week, either on the 27th September or the 4th October

Bring On Wembely

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so what fans want to sacrifice one of the reg season games at the prices we have to pay

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i thought this was what nfl europe is for...

8. Cardinal Fans?, I was sort of hoping that the Titans may come over, all though i might get banned for saying that, sorry

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Oh for sure, the NFL just isin't making enough money as it is...:suspect:

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What is truly sad is the media attention and coverage of NFL Europe that is put on the air in the States. Each season there are just a couple or two nfl europe games my FOX affiliate airs. Then there is the world bowl. The cable networks put on loads of garbage sports... and when I have been able to watch NFL Europe on TV I have made it a point to. +Plus I really enjoyed it.

I think it's high time the league addresses the demand in the United States to see NFL Europe on TV... Maybe if the europeans see that Americans are interested in the NFLE teams as well as the NFL teams they will buy a ticket. You could tivo more Aussie rules footy on cable than you can NFLE. Meanwhile they bombard your living room with the WWE...

I haven't got anything personally against NASCAR, but, I don't watch it.

I like to watch these allocated players and I like the nationals' stories. If they want to put 100,000+ butts in a stadium they should hold an exhibition game in a cricket grounds down under. It's not like London has ever had a WORLD LEAGUE or NFL EUROPE team before... Currently London is without even a NFLE team...

Why that is I have no idea but it seems to me that if any country in Europe deserves a regular season game it should be Germany where the interest in American football is very high. Nearly all the NFLE is based there. Frankfurt, Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, and the Rhine River region FIRE team...crawl before you can walk...

I don't like regular season football being played abroad. The schedule is stacked with premier pre season matchups and fat cat owners willing to take kickbacks. Many players complain the preseason is too long and unneccesary. Let them treat a weekend in London as an excuse to party if they choose.

The league could mandate that every single team must play 1 league selected preseason game abroard for a total of 16... spread it over 8 venues for two weeks and use friday and saturday dates to off set coverage... When demand like that in Europe materializes I might warm up to the idea of a regular season game being played outside NFL home cities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar