Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I prefer agile:suspect: ...

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think many people underestimate how physically demanding tennis is. Sure you don't get beat up, but you have to be in peak physical condition. Especially if you're a claycouter, which I always favoured. Seeing Thomas Muster slug it out for 4-5 hours in the French was amazing (especially his injury considered).

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

all sports are physically demanding.

I remember the first time I played soccer and basketball in school sport class, absolutely killed me at how much fitness needed.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

True, but tennis is by far the sport I've tried or watched that requires the best physical conditioning (aside from Iron Man and multiday contests and the like).

5. I guess your a keen tennis player then Vigsted, to be honest it depends on what your good at when it comes to physical conditioning, a clay-court baseliner like Nadal is an absoutle freak of nature whilst Murray, a counter puncher, can hit winners with minimum effort...

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Used to be. Haven't played in many years now and don't really follow the tour either (too boring anyways with Federer and Nadal dominating everybody).

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Tennis is a racket.

:duckrun:

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

To me there are only two kinds of sports....contact and non-contact. While tennis may be demanding, it's still a "stick and ball" type sport. I can't get enthused.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you should be banned for that.:ha:

10. Guig

Guig Starter

Kind of the wrong way round mate, a British team will be supported but a team under the banner of England won't be. As for a London based team, yes, we would see that as, yet again, catering to the SE of England (not necessarily England as a whole).

There are way too many venues and events which are put forward as "British" yet are there merely for the London audience, Channel Tunnel, Dome, and now the Olympics. Why spend billions on the Olympics in London when Manchester already has the majority of the infrastructure. One reason would be that London doesn't want to put its hand in its pocket to rebuild the area beyond Canning Town or to upgrade its poor transport system, but that's just my cynical opinion :)

Call the team the "British B**tards", have them play their games all over the country and everyone will go see them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar