Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plans are being finalised for a regular season game to be played in England on the 27th September or the 4th October, I am ecstatic, but how do you feel about it and what teams do you think will play. The game will be venued at the new stadium Wembely

2. maximus

maximus Starter

I hope they dont stop the game for tea time:winker:

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Personally I think it's a bad idea. Sure it's nice for the European spectators, however I feel you're sacrificing the teams in order to get more popularity.

If you really want an NFL game in Europe it should be an exhibition game like the Japan game.

4. Well, at least it won't be like the endless adverisments that plague your TV screens

5. This game will be great for the sport, we need to break the barrier that separates America from the rest of the world in sport, apparantly this sort of think could happen yearly, this year England, next year Germany, next year...Japan. Bring on Wembley

6. If the NFL really wanted to test the European market, they should consider creating a NFL-like football league based in Europe. I mean, how could that possibly fail to win converts across the pond? They could call it something like NFL Europe...

Er... nevermind...

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think its a terrible idea. i understand the nfl wants to become more popular arojnd the world, but you're trying to fix something that isn't broken.

this is fine in a sport like basketball or baseball when you play 80+ games, but in football you only play 16, and all of them count. i dont think you can have guys flying half way around the world for one football game, then fly them back that night.

i think the mexico idea worked because it was arizona and san fran. they are located somewhat near mexico city. although they could have chosen better teams.

8. The game will be played before the teams bye week, and also plans are near done, so...bring on Wembly

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Why?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would have made it an exhibition game. They get to see football all the time. What is the point. At least in Mexico and Japan and China, they never get to see it. That makes more sense. But even in hose countries, an exhibition will draw plenty of people. No need to do a regular saeason game over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar