Reggie For Titans After All?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanFan4Life, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

How much mileage would Miami get in deal for expensive Carr?

Fan Web sites continue to churn the idea of Houston QB David Carr being traded to the Dolphins in exchange for a package of RB Ricky Williams and either a first-, second- or third-round pick.

While there is some logic to the idea — the Texans could then take Houston native and Texas star QB Vince Young with the No. 1 overall pick — there's one really big problem.

Do the Dolphins want to pay $24.5 million over the next three years for Carr?

That's the basic price. The breakdown is this: There are two options in Carr's contract. The first is that the Texans can pay him a $5.5 million bonus on Feb. 19 and then pay him base salaries of $5 million this year and $5.25 million in 2007. That's $15.75 million for two years.

The second is that Carr gets an $8 million bonus on Feb. 19 and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. That's $24.5 million for three years. Neither price is appetizing for a guy who has a lot of potential but not much in results during his first four years.

The Texans could also not pick up the option and simply designate Carr as the team's franchise player. But that move only decreases his value because it means that a team acquiring Carr would have him on only a one-year deal.

In short, as one NFL executive said recently: ''The contract isn't tradable.''

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it really doesn't make all that much sense. ricky williams isn't really an upgrade over davis. the only reason they're taking bush is because he can be used in so many ways with davis still on the field. you can't do that with williams.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

to me, Domanick Davis and Reggie Bush are pretty similar

I can't see any real reason to have them both

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

There is no reason to have them both. You are basically spelling the end of DD in Houston. Stupid Texans, succumbing to pressure. They're just looking for a way to mess it up us. I'm sure if they could they'd trade half of next year's draft to take pick #2 and draft the other guy if they could as well.

As mad as I'll be, if they take Young, we get Bush. That and a couple of brews and I'll be alright. I just hope we don't trade down if Bush is there.

But in all likelihood, it's going to be Leinart. Just gotta get used to that and hope to be surprised. (Sigh).

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldnt mind the Black Gunny playing for us.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it really doesn't matter WHICH QB they go with if they don't improve that OL

the smart move really is for them to trade with NYJ and pick D'Brickashaw

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I will have to agree here. I think Bush is probably an upgrade over Davis, but he doesn't bring anything radically new that Davis isn't capable of outside of a return game. I can't see spending the number 1 overall pick to pack their backfield (unless they plan to trade Davis) when they clearly need help up front... to say nothing of the rest of their holes.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

aaah.....Buffalo Butt Bookman !

Attached Files:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Bush is an upgrade, but how much is speculative

it's like having Dan Marino and drafting Brett Favre .... kinda

the point is, one isn't going to be any more "explosive" than the other
    Reggie still has to prove that he can be an every down back

hell, they just need to trade Dom to us, I'd take Dom over Chris anyday
    (sorry Chris, you're just to fragile)

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Buffalo Butt! Oh how we miss you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar