Refs Coming Back!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I believe Flacco not getting delay of game a few years ago was a game deciding error. There are a ton of them by the regular as well. Must not forget.. they really aren't a huge upgrade in my eyes.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not saying they never happened with the regular refs. I'm just saying that I've seen unforgivable mistakes in every single game I've watched through 3 weeks.

But you're certainly entitled to your opinion that the regular refs aren't much of an upgrade. I just don't agree.

4. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I predicted that they would be back no later than Sunday, and I did so before the Green Bay game. I'll be surprized if they aren't back by the Thursday night game during Week 5 at the latest.

I made the prediction when DHB was injured by the Steeler's DB. It was a TD catch, vicously launched at and hit helmet to helmet in his facemask. He layed motionless for over 12 minutes on the field. He was blinking and speaking, but no motion below the neck, and nobody (including the team trainers or other Raiders) knew what was going on. Announcers were silent. As they were about to drive off, Palmer walks over and grabs his totally limp hand, DHB wasn't able to grab him back. Luckily, he was able to muster a thumbs up as they approached the tunnel, which was the first and only on-field sign that he wasn't paralyzed.

All this drama, all this OBVIOUSLY illegally violent hit that cost the Raiders a TD while a ref stood watching attentively less than 5 yards away and didn't even think about reaching for his flag.

I made the prediction then, because that was Roger, the owners, and the entire NFL's worst nightmare ... a star on a team gets seriously and violently injured because of these refs not properly enforcing rules.

I still think it's totally crazy that the refs expect a pension plan or back pay for the games that they didn't work in ... I wouldn't be surprized to see the league give them back pay and fold on their desire to have backup official teams and the officials to fold on their demands for lifetime pensions and accept 401(k) and be back no later than Week 5, but wouldn't be surprized if they are back Week 4.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I heard if a deal gets done to day they'll be ready by tomorrow. I forgot which guy reported that but that's floating around now.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, I don't expect the standard refs to be perfect. Still, there's no doubt in my mind that Greenbay would have won that game the other night with better referees. A lot of unforgivable plays took place under the replacements. For example, I know Jake wouldn't have been hurt against the Patriots. Luckily it was nothing major. Luckily.

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with JCB

its not like the Titans got a fair deal with the 'real' refs anyways.

I would enjoy 'call your own fouls' football

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Schefter is saying that his high placed source hasn't heard anything about a deal being done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar