Reese on Leinart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I know this. I'm just trying proving a point.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The FO "locking" McNair out and forcing examination of the contract. It's a gamble to proceed in a confrontational manner. If he walks, then they have to be comfortable bringing in a ready QB. Floyd seemed to be "purring" more about Leinart despite his less impressive pro-day workout than he did about Cutler. This suggests to me, the FO is very comfortable with their "ready" QB options.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He can't walk. We can release him if he won't restructure, but we may very well be bluffing.

4. in this case tho i think mcnair is just being stingy, hes got more money than everyone on this board put together (unless someones a multi millionare here) but he doesnt need anymore money, its kinda like the pacman jones ordeal at christmas time, everyone on the team puts in 5,000 or something so that the janitors and kitchen workers can have a nice christmas, but pacman didnt do that because he was ONLY making 12 million a year that is when i lost all respect for him and not a fan of him anymore and i got the pacman info from a used to be titan jason matthews(hes a teacher at my school now)

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Prizefighter...

I think it's dumb people cryed when Young didn't run the 40, but didn't when Leinart didn't run it.
    ---------------------

I think it is dumb to not know the difference between the 2 QBs. Nobody is drafting lienart for his running ability and young will be drafted high in good part because of his. You can't see that obvious distinction?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think the 40 shows more than just pure speed. i think it is a very good indicator for athletic ability. that's why i'm disappointed he didn't run.

i remember him saying " i played baseball in highschool, so i'm a better athlete than people think." then why not display that?

7. i was watching a show that he was on and he said that hes running a 4.41 right now and that was a few weeks ago

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Um, yeah...It's like the scene from Forrest Gump...Jenny cries, "Run Matthew, run!" and Leinart's leg brace magically pops off and he's off to a 4.41.

BiPolar, I'd like to see a picture of that please, if you can, with Leinart, that is.

9. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

If you believe Leinart can run a 4.41 40, I've got a bridge to sell you. Do you think if he was faster than Young, he would hide that fact? Leinart is somewhere between 4.8 and 5.0...meaning, with our line, he might end up like Billy Volek....having DT's run him down from behind....and often injured. Strictly based on athletic ability ML is #3 out of 3....and if you took all the QB's in this draft, he is probably in the bottom half. That said, that does not necessarily mean he'll suck in the NFL. That is my personal opinion, though. Of the consensus top seven guys (Bush, Hawk, VY, ML, etc.), I'd take Matt last.

I said this before...in 1995, Reese's first draft, given a similar choice, he took McNair over Collins (another guy from a loaded team) using the logic that McNair could have done as well as Collins at Penn State, but Collins could not have torn it up at Alcorn St like Steve did...or something along those lines. The same can be (has been) said about both Young and Cutler....put them on USC and statistically as well as in the W-L%, they could have done as well as ML, while the inverse scenario is not very likely. The same exact 1995 dilema could present itself on April 29th around 12:30pm EST. I don't know about the rest of you, but I hope to see "deja vu all over again".

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

OK !!! DO YOU SEE IT?
    NOW CLICK IT!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

here's your pic of Leinart...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar