Reese on Leinart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

So people didn't see enough of VY to know that movement wasn't going to be an issue? I think it's dumb people cryed when Young didn't run the 40, but didn't when Leinart didn't run it. But lifes not fair. Yeah Leinart isn't a scrambling QB, but that doesn't matter. Will there be situations in the NFL where he has to scramble and run for the first?? Yes.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You really don't get the difference?

Young's selling point, his biggest asset, is his raw physical strength and talent, a huge part of which is his speed. His 40 time is one of the best ways to display that, even if you aren't thinking of him as a running QB, which he is no matter what anyone might try to say to spin it.

Lienart's selling point is his success. He's trying to be different from Vince Young, and downplaying his running. If he's saying it isn't important, isn't trying to sell himself on it, then there isn't a reason for him to run it.

With Vince, he has to show it off.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Be real. Leinart didn't run because he couldn't post any time faster than Young's during his pre-workout practice.

Vince wasn't going to run but he did anyway.

I think the writing is on the wall- Leinart is the Titan FO's #1 QB.

4. GoTitans3801

Very true, lienart would have been much slower. The point I was trying to make was that he doesn't need to run because he's not trying to say he can run like Young.

What are you basing your "writing is on the wall" conclusion on?

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Ok so therefore, since Leinart threw (which is his selling point along with success) and didn't run, then that means Young could not have thrown and everyone would be ok with it right??? I mean running is part of his selling point like you said, not throwing. So if it's ok Leinart doesn't show the parts that aren't his selling point, why does Young have to?

I am just trying to prove a point here. I'm not saying that I feel that Young didn't have to throw, because he def. needed to answer some questions which he did. What I'm saying is why can someone say that Leinart has already showed movement and they've seen enough to know it won't be an issue, when Young has undoubtedly shown that way more and more impressively.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Leinart didn't run because he would have had a much slower time than Cutler and although it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things it could drop his stock if his time was dramatically slower. Without running he loses nothing.

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

What was Cutler's time? I forget.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

From http://www.gbnreport.com/

gbnreport.com/

9. GoTitans3801

theprizdfighter,
    No, all QBs need to throw, that's ridiculous, as you are well aware. Running is not required of a QB, and on the rare occassions when Matt would have to run, his 40 time is not in the spotlight. However, Young will have to throw more than he will run (or he should). Teams are concerned about Young throwing, they don't care about Matt running. Soxcat had better analysis about why he didn't run than I would have been able to make. From the Teams watching him's standpoint, they don't care about him running.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar