Reese Likes Titans Draft Options

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny

danny Guest

He sells bridges too...

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't buy into the whole 'Young needs two years to be ready' propoganda. I've seen them say that about plenty of qb's including Big Ben who stepped in after a few games and went undefeated. He has talent and running ability. As long as we can get him into camp I think he will be ready by the end of this season to at least be productive. I think he can definately start by next season.

I'm sure Leinart could be ready to start from day one, but the more important question is.. "do we want him starting for us in 5 years ?".

My biggest problem with Leinart is that I've seen him get dinged up and come out of games on several occasions this year. He doesn't seem very tough and sticking him behind our line as it stands now is like giving away our 3rd pick.

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree with what your saying, but Cutler didn't have near the talent to work with like Young did. If Cutler played on a Texas, USC... ect, he would be considered top two or three talent, potentially the top rated QB and more nationally know. Everyone has their certain player they want to see drafted by their team... mine is Cutler. That being said... I would settle for one of the three top QB... Cutler, Leinart or Young. Young being my last choice.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I could see us trading down and taking Cutler. It's going to depend on how they grade Young and who's available when it's our turn to pick. For instance, if NO decides to take Young and Leinhart is still on the board I don't think there's any question which way we'll go.... I think Leinhart is the most desired QB in the draft by any team, hands down. Reese may decide he doesn't want to go the way of another running QB that has qustionable passing concerns that may not fit the Chow scheme of things. They may come across a senerio that allows them to trade down and take Cutler while at the same time picking up another late round pick or maybe a pick for next year. Trading down is certainly an option that Reese hasn't ruled out.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Again, it'd have to be a honey of a deal.

6. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

what is the deal with young anyway? I thought he was goin to jail for a bit. If thats true, he wont be in the draft

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Young going to jail....I think youre getting him confused with Marcus Vick. Young hasnt had any off the field incidents recently

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You definitely have him confused with Marcus Vick. That's hilarious. He's the one who shot himself in the foot. (Oh, and I coined him this year's Clarett before the media, and you, too, Puck.)

Hmmm...maybe a little "trouble" is just what we need for Young to have before the draft to get the other teams to pass on him. Who do I know in Texas again? You know, a little Pacman type of incident. :winker:

"What do you mean my peeps can't drink here...son! Young Life! What?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar