Reese: Deja vu?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by royhobbs, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

What Leinhart staying in school for his senior year proves is that it is, logically, a bad decision. Leinhart came back and the talk was heisman lock, win NC, first player taken. None happened. It does not pay to come back when you are a top player. Last year, Leinhart would have likely been taken #1. Comes back and like Manning, everyone was praising him. Now, he is out for the draft and the "feeling" is he is dropping in the mind of most.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

There are more important things than money. He'll get plenty of that. What he gained was another year having the time of his life in college and a degree so he's not bored out of his mind the 50 years of his life after he retires from the NFL.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree that 4 years of school cannot be replaced. I don't think you end up any worse or better either way, especially if you go back to school later on in life, but all four of those years are experiences you will never be able to replicate. And that is what college is all about. It's not really about learning so much as it is about living.

That said, you won't find yourself in a bathroom stall with two carolina panther cheerleaders either.

It can go both ways. But the thing is Leinert did what was best for him.

School isn't for everybody tho'.

I would say that the 4th year for me was much easier than the 3rd year. I had a lot more fun. It was kinda like you knew what you were doing in school so it was all downhill, and that left plenty of time for fun. And they give you a degree for it too.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

What does leaving early have to do with getting your degree? I know it is all warm and fuzzy to talk about staying in school, but for the top players it proves not to be worth it, in a practical sense, not an emotional sense. They can still get a degree, they can still have a good time. And the money, they won't get back.

6. smili

smili Starter

My thoughts too. College years were some of the best years of my life. No need to rush on.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Many people find it hard to go back to school... especially when they no longer have the motivation of money. There is also a certain point at which the credits you gained are useless, I believe.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I thought Collins was off the board by the time the Oilers were drafting. From memory, we had the worst record in the NFL but weren't given the 1st pick because of the 2 expansion teams. The Panthers took Collins and the Jaguars took Boselli (I think).

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

10. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Didn't Matt have shoulder surgery, at the end of the season, the year he would have been projected #1?

IF so, I am thinking that was the biggest factor in his decision, to stay... and ofcourse, "Dance Class Rocks"!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar