Redskins vs. Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My 50 year old dad could have gone out there and do what Collins did.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Your dad must be 6'5'' 230lbs with a laser/rocket arm.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Offense was pretty good? Were you watching the same no touchdown scorin', bumbled route runnin', Oline breakdown offensive disaster I was watching? The QBs, RBs, WR's and Oline all looked terrible. If it wasn't for a few sparks from Henry it would have been a complete mess - and until he breaks one or at least gets into the end zone let's hold off on giving him the rushing title just yet...

4. Yeah i know that there werent any touchdowns, but you have to look at what some of them did. For the most part it was the QB's fault. They were throwing the ball where the receiver was not, and they were also leaving them open for a big hit which happened a time or two causing an incomplete pass. Lendale had 6 carries so thats really not fair to judge him, he picked up the 4th down and could have had a 10 yarder i think if it wasnt for that bs facemask. So if you ask me it wasnt that the skill positions were bad it was just the Oline and QB (i know that qb is a skill position but thats the one that was bad)

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The "suck" was spread around pretty evenly by position on offense. If the team that was on the field tonight was what we were stuck with all season we'd be lucky to see them win 5 games..

6. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

Scaife played very well and Griff needs to be at safety

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I plan on watching the game again but my main concern was the offense not establishing the run against a pretty weak run D.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A couple of thoughts...

The o line didn't look as good as we expected, but keep in mind that Olsen didn't play, so it wasn't actually our starting lineup. Amano was subbing.

The run D looked better up front, Tony and Albert both managed to get an arm on a RB while they were being blocked, stopping momentum until someone else got there. That alone was the difference in 1-3 yard rushes and 5-8 yard rushes. I was mostly disappointed with MLB, no one stood out, maybe we'll see more from Tulloch next week, but I doubt it.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

First series of the game, Finnegan was in press coverage, with LT supporting. He was only 3 steps too slow to give support. Later they threw to his side, and if not for the pass being off the mark, he would have been burned. I just do not get why this guy is starting. We seem to be OK at CB, move Griffin to Safety and let him do his thing. He also barely missed blocking two punts, he is going to be interesting to watch.

Other notables were Conover and Winkler on pass rush. I didn't see Fowler play, but Tullock looked good at times. So did 59, 20, 22 and 30. Scaife continues to impress. Receivers were certainly out of sync, but Rattay got a little pitch and catch going late in the game. While Henry looked good, remember he wasn't running against the first team. Skins were playing an 8 man front, so hard to know if our running is really that bad, especially with the first game, and we didn't scrimmage anyone before that. The one thing I liked was the hitting.....we have turned that up a notch for sure. I can't believe we blitzed so much.....who was that guy pretending to be Swartz?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar