Pre-Game Thread Redskins at Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The insecurities around here are astounding,

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nah, it rollovers from last year. Seems like nothing has changed.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Wasn't you hashtagging Clowney and Bridgewater?

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I mean like watching the players, anyone look impressive tonight? I heard Campbell sucked.

5. Clark

Yes, yes I was. I was also using hash tags... Lol that alone should signify sarcasm and just normal ****ery.

6. Clark

CJ, Greene, Battle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Campbell blew some serious balls. Forget about him seeing the field this year.

Green looked like a man trying to take CJ's job and CJ had a very nice run. Battle has third locked up right now. Parmele didn't stick out and Reynaud is practically a goner.

Pass protection looked spotty, but nothing to be overly concerned with right now. Run blocking may have been the best I have seen here.

Linebackers looked good, Fokou really swarmed around the ball. We will be fine without McCarthy if we get that from him every game. Run stopping/pass rush was bland, we had a sack that would not have been if it was anyone in there other than Grossman. Empty running lane in front of him.

Secondary didn't look that great, will probably see Verner at two and either WW or CS at nickel unless they are dead set at having a bigger guy on the outside.

No one really stuck out maybe outside of Battle. Edwards looked okay but I didn't see anything from anyone new.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Point being, and I think most people are forgetting it, is that we have a VERY new team. New starters in positions in about all groups. It will take a few games to get the hiccups out, I would like to see the starters snaps bumped up about twice as much. Let the pass protection gel, let Locker take his bumps now, and try and bring together the defense. You can see the outline of what they want to do.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't know why people are freaking out. Last year we lose this game by 2 TD's. I know it's preseason but those weren't the Jags out there. I'm not saying we're super bowl contenders but the improvement was substantial and obvious. Too many are being pessimistic thinking they are just being objective. Saying Jake looked awful is pessimistic, saying he didn't really impress is objective.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think you guys are overreacting a bit.

QB - Unfortunately Locker didn't get a chance to sling it too much but I saw some good things. I want to say there were four 3rd down passing conversions (one being that screen) that included 2 nice throws to Washington, and one to Britt; throws that were made in tight windows. I saw improved accuracy and improved decision making -- which is huge. Complain he didn't sling it but I saw smart check downs when last year he would have forced it down field and thrown INTs because of it. Fitzy didn't show much, Rusty shows why he sticks as the 3rd QB.

RB - OL looked great for CJ & Greene. This is going to be a very good 1-2 punch. We ran the ball a lot today yes but that's preparing for what our strategy is clearly going to be -- we want to run it down the D's throat and we're working on that this pre-season.

WR - I'm glad Nate is still here, he looked good. As for the young guys, Wright had that bonehead drop and we barely saw Hunter, besides that dumb 3rd down play where he didn't get the first. D-Will showed why he should stick and Preston had good and bad moments.
    Not much to say about the TE's or OL. 1st team OL looked good though.

Lavar Edwards, Scott Solomon & Karl Klug were involved in some plays, that's a good sign. Didn't see much of Wimbley, Casey, Martin or Lee Hill. Pito showed off some of his size. Morgan had a great play in the backfield. Antonio Johnson looked good on a few instances.

Zach Brown was involved quite a bit early. Fokou also made his presence known. Mccarthy may be in trouble.

The young DB's got abused quite a bit. I thought Campbell, Wreh-Wilson and Wooten all looked bad. Didn't really notice any safeties either. Coty Sensabaugh was one young DB that looked good.

I'm not freaking out at all. I like what I saw from the first team offenses and defenses. D schemes were a little soft at times, but I'm hoping that's just about not tipping the hand too much.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar