Redskins at Colts is my late game: please slap me I think I'm happy about it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

GoT i usually enjoy reading your vitups but that was just lame suga.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The biggest difference between Payton's and Manning's comment are that Payton doesn't explicitly call out his teammates, he's just saying that he's not finding any holes and that he's getting beat up and worn down and they need to come up with something other than just handing him the rock every time.

Now if Manning had been like Payton he would have said it was difficult finding open receivers and that they needed to do something different because he couldn't keep passing the ball all the time.
    Instead he chose to call out his O-line for not giving him enough time in the pocket.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

What are you talking about it is the same thing. A runningback saying there are no holes and a QB saying that the protection was poor are exactly the same. Both are complaining about the blocking. Geez...

And manning did not call out his o-line. He was talking about everybody. On one play in that game the colts had max-protection with clark and edge in the backfield and clark just stood there looking inside while joey porter came clean and creamed manning for an 8 yard loss. Stuff like that..

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Roll, nobody is saying that PM's comments weren't true. They're saying that he said them in an arrogant, condescending and unsportsmanlike manner, which are qualities that nobody wants in a hero.

In a related note, I like James Brown, but I wouldn't leave him in my living room unattended.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:spit:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Avvie...

You obviously miss the point. It's not that peyton's actions have prevented him from being a hero there are posters here that act as if he should be put in prison for simply saying something that was true.

I don't know what video you watched but his comment was more a matter of fact than it was anything else and he did givce some credit to the opposition. It's your warped interpretation that they were arrogant or unsportsmanlike.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Hmm, so you don't see the difference between saying "I had a difficult time out there" and "The people around me didn't help me enough out there".... in the first sentence you imply that you were also to blame, in the second you put the blame squarely on somebody else.

And the question isn't whether it's true or not, if you're a good teammate you don't push blame on the other teammates.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1piy8Zxddw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1piy8Zxddw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I can take solice in knowing that I'm not alone in this.
    In pro sports, it's irrelevant whether his remarks are true or not---making them publicly is something that you simply DO NOT DO. The fans will give credit and blame where it is due without the need for a microphone or camera.

Personally, I believe that what he said was true...there were protection problems. He could have taken the high road and given the Steeler defense the credit for a great pass rush, and he would have come out smelling like a rose. The phrase that killed him was "I'm trying to be a good teammate here...let's just say..." With that phrase, he ADMITTED that was he was doing was wrong and unsportsmanlike. I'm having a hard time understanding why you can't see that.

"There's good reasons to kick an old man down the stairs....you just don't do it." ---Chris Rock

"Get up offa that thang, and dance till you feel better." --James Brown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar