Red Ring of Death? No problem! Free fix!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So for the 2nd time my xbox Red-Ringed on me. I've had it for 3 years, and it's frustrating that it had to happen even once, BUT it did. So...

I look online to see about getting it fixed, knowing my warranty has now expired. I go to the site, put my numbers in- and it says my repair fee is...

$0.00

Apparently xbox now fixes them for free. I never knew, and I wonder how many others are selling their 'broken' ones right now because of the same? I have quite a few friends that were thrilled to learn this.

And not only is it free, it's fast too. I sent mine off a week ago and it arrived here today. I was expecting a long hold considering the free fix thing- but nope. 1 week there and back.

My son got a PS3 (see what I did there?) for xmas so this makes it look as if I care only about my xbox in the house... :)

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So they bloody well should.

Althought I hadn't heard they fix them for free now. Sure it still isn't under warranty?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah, it even said 'Warranty: Expired'.

But I just read about some lawsuit that calls for all of them to be repaired? Something like that.

When I say I read it- I mean, I glanced over it in a google search subtitle.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There has been a few attempts at taking them to court, I doubt it amounted to much.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they should have to fix them for free for making a faulty product.

ps3 is still running strong, although my ps2 did eventually need to be replaced after 4 years, so we'll see....

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The first PS3's were garbage as well, which is why the newer models aren't backwards compatible with PS2.

As long as they keep packing all this silicone and metal in a tiny box with inadequate cooling systems, this will be the result often enough. Systems are released, fail, redesigned, re-released, and fail again. Damn right they should have to pay for it since they went cheap on the design of the console, and raked you over the coals with it's debut price.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I just got the 120gb Elite Console yesterday. Does the elite(black xbox) have the same red ring issues?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My XBOX had the same problem 2 years ago. Even then they offed to fix it for free. It's the one and only thing they will do for free. They knew it would happen when they sold it to you, it was simply a matter of time. I've since then gotten a newer XBOX and have had zero issues. A week is really fast for them, they told me it would take 3-6 weeks to get mine back, so I just grabbed another.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I have a 60gb and it works fine
    has the Ps2 'emotion' chip in it too :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ditto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar