Rebuilding - Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Childress79, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Luck is going to come in with absolutely unreal expectations that will be pretty hard to live up to.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

luck is gonna be a disappointment

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Not sure how much college football you guys watch (not insulting your intelligence, just making a statement) but Luck is the real deal. Possibly the best QB to come out in the last 10 years when he does. You know he's smart because he's at Stanford (studying architecture I believe), he's got a great arm, can move in the pocket and had a 70% completion percentage this past year.

This might sound crazy, but if we go really heavy on drafting defense this year, I would give up next years entire draft to take him. He's that good. Not saying he'll be as good as Peyton (few have been), but who wouldn't go back to the '98 draft and give up every pick we had to take Peyton? An elite, franchise QB can make your whole team stable for years and years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd love Luck, but I wouldn't deliberately lose to get him.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wish I could high-five you 20 times because everything you said is true.

Poor Panthers.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hey if we go heavy defense this year then I don't see a problem trading up for Luck next year.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This whole thread is based on a false premise.

The only way to get Luck is to finish dead last. It will not be possible to trade up to draft him.

The experts were saying that either it would take 4-5 first round picks to trade up for the #1 pick (back when Luck was expected to come out) or else it would be completely impossible to trade anything for the #1 because no team would ever be stupid enough to trade him away.

If the Titans want Luck, they are going to have to finish dead last. You can't go into a season with the plan of finishing dead last. You just can't run a football team that way. Besides, even if you did try to finish last, it would only take 1-2 fluke wins to get you out of last. And if you somehow do finish last, then you will have ruined your team's confidence and morale so much that even Andrew Luck may not be able to turn it around for many years.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Living off his #1 ranking? What is his record as a starting QB at Ohio State?

Pretty obvious who Dave has a problem with. He hates Pryor and Newton. I don't see anybody talking about how Locker is a Wr prospect.

All Pryor has done is win a Rose bowl and a sugar bowl back to back. Hell any QB can do that right?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you. We have a a better chance at winning this year with a new coach then with fisher as a lame duck. We have talent on this team and we have the money to sign some players and we are picking high. no excuse to be that bad and if we have the worst record in the league that coach needs to be fired.

In 08 the Ravens had a new coach and a rookie QB and they made the playoffs and won 2 playoff games. Why would we have to suck next year? I don't get that.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Pryor would need to have a HUGE senior season and with him missing 5 games I don't see it happening. But he could be a good receiver I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar