Realistic window

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SalmonSlayer, Oct 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Henry is great and my concern is that we are running him into the ground. We all know running backs don't last more than 10 years at their peak levels and I would love to continue to keep seeing Henry beast out for 10 years but his time is coming.

This team is nothing on offense when he's not eating defenses like he does. Honest question, when father time comes knocking what are we going to do? This is a run first offense but we have nothing if Henry goes down. I can't trust Tammy leading the way like those elite QBs do. So, how many more years do you think we have at playoffs?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Same thing we did when Earl, Eddie, CB, CJ2k, Murray, etc. were done.

We'll get another one.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have to try and win every game but it would be nice to have some alternatives other than 3rd down backs.

Note that I started a thread on another forum saying we should have used our first rd pick(2020) on Jonathan Taylor who I believed was the best back in that draft.
    Taylor is a top 10 back in this league.

A running back can go from best in the league to mediocre quick(See Leveon Bell). Henry has around the same carries Eddie George had after the 1999 season.

#3 RollTide, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Jonathan Taylor would have been the perfect back to have as the future when Henry's time comes. Really good runner and pass catcher. McNichols is ok in spots with his pass catching and run after but as an early down back not so much. Maybe this off season we draft a good back or sign a good FA to backup Henry. Would also be a good idea to groom a young QB too. But I think a better OC is something Jrob needs to look at

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'd trade a late round pick for Marlon Mack but I doubt Colts deal him to us...once Darryton Evans vagina is healed maybe he can be the complement he was drafted to be.
    McNichols has played well though

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Drafting a running back is questionable when your quarterback gets sacked 7 times.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

[QUOTE="Danimal, post: 1972129, member: 12827"Blocking was bad but Tanney is a vet and at least half of the sacks, he has to get rid of the football

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Yeah he was holding on to the ball too long on a few of those sacks yesterday, especially stupid on the one where he lost yards and took the team out of FG range

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

It wasnt like he didnt know he was being rushed and blitzed like mad, so a few of those sacks he should have known he didnt have time to hold on to the ball.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar