Realistic Draft Prospects for us sitting at #11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JR1980, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I like murray to and he can be had at a value due to the injury. Carr scares me as does Bridgewater and Bortles because they really did not play anybody. Johnny Football and murray played and dominated at times in the sec. It is a long way from college to the nfl anyway. It is just shorter from the sec. These guys did not even play in the pac12 acc big10 or big 12.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

One NFL scout told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that UCF QB Blake Bortles has a chance to be the No. 1 overall pick.
    "Bortles is a stud," said the scout. "This guy may end up being the No. 1 overall pick. Big, tough, athletic, strong-armed, intelligent." We're fast approaching Lying Season in the NFL, where anonymous scouts use the media to influence the draft stock of certain players they like or dislike, but there is enough traction behind Bortles as a high pick that we're beginning to buy the hype. Both CBS Sports' Dane Brugler and TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline have pegged Bortles as the favorite to be Houston's selection at No. 1 overall.
    Related: Texans

Jan 10 - 2:09 PM​

3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Rams GM Les Snead "again made it clear" Thursday that the franchise is committed to Sam Bradford as its 2014 quarterback.
    The Rams have the No. 2 pick in May's draft -- an ideal spot to select a new signal caller -- but they seem sold on Bradford as the quarterback of the future. "As we’ve said, Sam’s our starting QB," Snead declared. "And maybe that’s too way out of the box to take a QB that high. I don't know if that's the wisest thing." Snead has dropped multiple hints that the No. 2 selection will be for sale to the highest bidder. If St. Louis can't trade out and is truly hellbent on keeping Bradford, Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews could be a "safe" fallback plan.

Source: ESPN.com
    Jan 10 - 12:51 PM​

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm all for the teams ahead of us reaching MASSIVELY for these QBs.

Bridgewater IMO should be the only QB in the first.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

We're starting Jake Locker ya jackass. And yeah, if we don't get a qb in the 1st we're screwed regardless if Locker goes down...Might as well not waste a 2nd round pick on slaw dogs like Mettenberg, McCarron and Boyd. My hopes would be that Murray would fall to us in the 4th due to the injury concerns. That would be tight.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

From what I can see, you list more negatives than positives. Not really helping your case.

-You say Vince Young learned how to play under center...did he really? Going from a shotgun qb to under the center is way harder than you think.
    -Slow wind up is not easily fixed. He's been playing football his whole life, it is what it is.
    -From what I've seen, he's terrible at escaping pressure. For a "dual threat qb" that's not a good thing.
    -He's clearly a product of a system that we will never run. That read option crap opens everything up for him. It makes him look like a good runner(he's not), it makes him look like a great passer(he's not). It's just the defense is never there to stop him. It aso helps that he had the best WR in the nation the past two seasons, and he had Deandre Hopkins(agruably the best WR that came out of the draft last year). Remember how good Blackmon made Brandon Weeden look?
    -You say Boyd is a true pocket passer???? Really??? Dude looks to run or gets the playaction pass call more than any qb I've watched this year.
    -I don't care about his height, but it definitely isn't helping his case..

Completely against the pick. Like I said, would be a waste of a perfectly good 2nd. Please don't start hyping up Mettenberg. I will smoke check you on that guy lol

-

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

My suspicions are confirmed. He got sacked over 100 times on his career. Dude can't read a defense and can't escape the pocket to save his life.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is true. Gabbert had a hard time with it. Those college teams use shotgun so much because it is easier.

Interesting you mention this. I would agree after seeing analysis on Tim Tebow. Who was able to 'Fix' his slow windup while showing off for reporters in practice. During games though he would revert back to the old slow windup.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Also, it's going to be funny when the Raiders draft Brett Hundley(ala The Next Jamarcus Russel). Dude got sacked 87 times in 2 seasons. wow...garbage.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Hundley isn't coming out tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar