Ready for BPA???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I truly think QB is going to be priority and early...I don't feel at all like Whiz is confident and invested in Locker. This is typical for a new coach, unless you walk into a situation like a Brady, Rogers, Brees, or Manning type deal etc...I also think a RB will be taken mid round...Unless an elite pass rusher drops to them in the first, get ready for a fallen QB to be drafted possibly...An OT will be drafted most likely at some point as well, even though Oher was signed. They will add depth and plan for ROOS because this draft is so deep in the Tackle category. This could become HEAVY offense...ugh...I really hope we land a solid MLB or DE....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I have been saying all along...Lets solidify what we have good now...Lets take our Defense and make them ELITE because it will be much easier to do that, than to revamp and improve the offense...Especially since adding Horton as DC. Almost EVERY competitive playoff team has a vicious Defense...That's what I want and I think they aren't too far off if they add those few pieces, especially with proven coaching now.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think we have most of the pieces on defense actually.

IDK what Morgan's future holds, he's in a weird spot forecast by some as a 3-4 DE and also a 3-4 OLB. I'd just like to see ILB addressed early.

My mock now would be
    1-QB
    2-ILB
    4-RB
    5-CB
    6-BPA
    7-BPA

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd add Murray in the 4th. I honestly wouldn't mind trading down in the 2nd to pick up a 3rd and gambling on picking up Garropolo later 2nd or Murray/mCarron later 3rd.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm not as high on Murray as many others are, so i'd pass.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree that the pieces are MOSTLY there...That's my point...Lets knockout the missing pieces and become nasty on D. In order to do that, they NEED a Middle Linebacker terribly man...and a solid pass rusher. I am banking on CB/S positions to be covered by current players naturally per this comment. Obviously we need to solidify the QB spot and find CJ replacement, which I get...But offense pieces you can add in time, especially since they have more holes there and Whiz is offensive minded to make people step up. Example, SF, Sea, etc know what I mean? I just hope they don't reach. I don't mind your order above at all, as long as it's not Manziel hahaha

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Option #1:
    1st - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
    2nd - Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, EIU
    4th - Your RB of choice
    5th - Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU

Option #2:
    1st - Fallen QB (Bortlers or Bridgewater)
    2nd - Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
    4th - Your RB of choice
    5th - Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU

Option #3:
    1st - CJ Mosley, ILB, Bama (trade back to mid-teens, pickup 3rd)
    2nd - Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, EIU
    3rd - Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, GA TECH
    4th - Your RB of choice
    5th - BPA (CB, OT, DL)
    (could put Kyle Van Noy in the 2nd & McCarron/Garoppolo in the 3rd)

So many options!

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

As far as QBs go, the one with the most potential out of all of them can be had in the 5th or maybe 6th.

You goobers who want Aaron Murray aka Mike Glennon with a good team will be surprised when Brett Smith is one of the top 3 QBs of this class.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

I feel the same way, with what we got we can't afford to pass on a qb if he's there. I would however love to be able to trade back and still get one.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Top 6 at best, but yea he's a good sleeper pick to keep tabs on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar