Reading the coverage: Status of Green, Haynesworth unknown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    While you slept, I hope, I went for an early surf. Here's the best of what's been written about the AFC South.
    Look for me at 2 p.m. for my weekly chat. Let's try to go a little heavier AFC South, a little lighter on fantasy advice. My Tom Brady-led team lost its opener, 102-53. While we'll fight on, it's fair to question our capacity as advisors.
    Houston Texans

• Megan Manfull is expecting Ahman Green (ankle) to sit out Sunday's game against Baltimore and Darius Walker to be signed from the practice squad to fill out the running back rotation.
    • DeMeco Ryans on Ray Lewis: "He's the template for every middle linebacker." John McClain with the story.
    • All but two teams (New England and Indianapolis) that made the playoffs last year lost a game by at least 19 points, says Jerome Solomon.
    • Though they are relative infants, the Texans rank sixth on Forbes' list of NFL franchises with value at $1.125 billion.
    • McClain blog: If the Texans beat Baltimore, their Week 3 game at Tennessee would be for, at least, a share of first place in the division.
    Indianapolis Colts

• The Colts are cutting Ed Johnson today following an arrest for speeding and marijuana possession, writes Mike Chappell.
    • Chappell's story made mention of this story at JOCKLIFE.com, which had some comments from Johnson.
    • Dallas Clark's MRI revealed nothing serious and he hopes to play in Minnesota. And Jeff Saturday practiced and might have a shot to play. Phil Richards has details.
    • The Colts' injury issues don't seem so bad when put in the context of what's going on in the AFC, Chappell observes.
    Jacksonville Jaguars

• O-line issues won't be used as an excuse against the Bills, writes Michael C., Wright.
    Tennessee Titans

• Jeff Fisher said Vince Young "has to put some things back in perspective" while rehabbing his knee, before getting his job back, writes Jim Wyatt.
    • The Titans are largely supportive of Young, Wyatt reports. But Chad Ocho Cinco said he doesn't understand the idea of a football player feeling pressure: "There's no pressure in this. Pressure would be if [President] Bush called all of us and told us we had to go to Iraq. Now that's pressure, because we don't know what in the world we're supposed to do at war. But it comes to football, that's something we've been doing since we were young. There's no pressure to perform."
    • Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com: "Too many in the media -- myself included -- were too quick to anoint him the next big star in football before the evidence was completely in."
    • It's unclear if Albert Haynesworth (concussion) will be able to play Sunday, says The Tennessean's notebook. He's determined to play 16 games this year, and I think it will be very difficult to get him to sit. Also, Jeff Fisher's son, Brandon, a junior linebacker at Montana, was selected Big Sky Conference Player of the Week after making seven tackles (six unassisted), two tackles for loss and forcing a fumble in a victory over Cal Poly.
    • Chris Simms begins settling in as the backup to Kerry Collins, writes Gary Estwick. Simms said he signed a one-year deal and got no assurances he'd be around the whole season.
    • Joe Biddle looks at how Kerry Collins has been through much of what Young is facing. I covered similar territory in a blog entry last night.

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar