Re-signing McNair for retirement?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Do you think the Titans would re-sign McNair so that he could retire in a Titans uniform? I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. I don't think he's HOF material, but I woiuld like to see him go as a Titan.
    He may be still harboring a distaste for the Titans for allowing him to walk to the Ravens. Who wouldn't!

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

i could see it as a strong possiblity

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

doubt it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would like to see that.

Mcnair spent 11 years here and only 2 years with the ravens. If the titan organization had completely changed it might not matter but with fisher still here i think it is a good thing..

Then you consider the relationship he has with vince so it would be a good moment..

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I wouldn't have a problem with a ceremonial contract, if that's what you mean.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Sometimes teams have to cut a guy to do this and then that player gets pissed and signs with another team. I don't really know the logistics of it but it has something to do with the retiring guy still counting towards a roster spot, even if it's a one-day contract.

We should only do this if we're sure that we will be able to quickly re-sign whoever we cut. We can't really afford to lose Ealy or someone like that just to make a ceremonial (and somewhat meaningless) gesture for Steve.

Does anyone know more about this? Jeff?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

:eh?: Funny.. folks acting like signing Steve for retirement would be a cap hit or player displacement etc.
    #9 retiring as a Titans is just the right thing to do...

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I would not mind seeing him in camp for a bit. Yeah we all know the guy is not going to end up on the team but he might help Vince to mature.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

I'm thinking that if something like this was going to happen, we would have heard something by now.

I think when Mac walked away, he knew he was done with it. I'll bet he's done fished three ponds dry in Mississippi.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i love mcnair but his body is done for...we love you steve. He'll retire a raven, but he'll ALWAYS be a titan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar