Re-sign Haynesworth NOW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vince10, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. I will accept the risk that he will slack off a bit when it is not a contract year, or possibly stomp someone's head every once in a while.

Right now, at this moment, he is the best DT in the world.

2. Valis

Valis Guest

Agreed, he gets more expensive every week. If they have any intention to resign him, the time is now.

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

We have the money. If you want to sign a superstar FA, here he is.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I have to agree, we should lock him up soon for many years

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We should lock pac man up for years too. lol.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

We'll let someone else do that, someone with Jurisdiction

Definitely resign Hanyesworth and possibly frontload some of his contract to save us money in the future

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He certainly has been earning it. I hope he can keep it up for a full season.

8. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

Who says he will let us lock him up? He may not sign a contract and wait to see what the market has for him. There is always that franchise tag. I would hate to have a Lance Briggs situation like the Bears did though. Hopefully he really likes what we have going here and doesn't want to leave.

9. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I have a feeling there's about a 20-30% chance that MR's too financially conservative and will not sign him. He'll talk himself into saving the space. He seems--it's very early though, so this could certainly be wrong--that he is the type of guy that will never pay anyone big money (even if they're probably worth it).

10. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I fully expect to pay a fair market price for him, which will be considerable. I think if he understands we are not lowballing him, but rather showing him the respect he has earned, he'll take it. He deserves to be paid more than any DT in football. I am fine with that - again, we got the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar