Re-sign CD or let him walk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurrayTitans!, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cap is set at 176M for 2021

Thats a 22M decrease but 2022s cap is back on track so decent GMs can manipulate the system and we wont even notice much

2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Ok I saw that number too, but didnt know it was locked in. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Humphrey is making 8-9mil...not sure of total cap ramifications (feeling lazy) but I would be more than willing to give Humps money to Davis and then some more. We have some guys who can fill in at slot WR.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Hump is making 6.75m next year and would be a 5m cap hit if we cut him. However. In 2022 he is making 8.25m and would only be a 2.5m cap hit. I'd say he is a Titan next year and will have to play great to be back after that.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This is probably exactly what they will do since Humphries has an out on his contract and while he is a good player he simply isn't as valuable or worth the money as keeping CD. I actually was hoping we would draft Hunter Renfro, another guy like Humphries from Clemson. Renfro has been well worth his 5th round pick for the Raiders and really, that is what we need to find if we can.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This is exactly it.

Great player, but we have guys like Firsker really coming up big on 3rd down. We can afford to let him go.

7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

We cant afford his 2021 dead cap hit. Hump will be a Titan next year.

8. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Corey Davis has been a hot topic this year of whether or not the Titans should let him walk or lock him up. He’s on pace to having his best season as a Titan and has really helped the offense take off not only in the passing game but in the running game as well. This draft is deep at Wr and with several other players such as J. Brown and Jonnu scheduled to be FAs, the question becomes is he worth bringing back?

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Same here, I thought the final determination would be after the season and based off projected revenue miss in 2020.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

There are a bunch of WR's in this free agency class. Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, etc, etc, etc.

If a bunch of those dudes hit FA, then I think that hurts Davis's value.

I think we can sign Davis if he wants to stay. He might not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar