RB Nash Held From Practice/Haynesworth Slimmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Second-year RB Damien Nash was not allowed to practice as training camp opened due to being overweight and out of shape. "I am going to hold him out of practice until I feel like he's gotten to the point where he's ready to be allowed to practice," Coach Jeff Fisher said. Fisher said Nash was "not even close" to his reporting weight. DT Albert Haynesworth reported to camp between 17 to 22 pounds from last season, when he played at 340 or 345. "I just came in at what I felt good at," Haynesworth said. "I played heavy last year. I liked it a little bit but it was a little harder on my knees so I'll try something different this year, weigh less and see how I perform."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Wow, Fat Al must have been competiting with Ted Washington at the buffet last season.

3. Not even close???

I'd like to see some pictures

4. smili

smili Starter

Interesting:
    "Free-agent rookie cornerback Keon Raymond" an interception machine... There's a real chance for cornerbacks to make the team this year.

Sandy released. We're looking for another young safety... I don't know about the prior Tampa safter Jahmile Addae, but I like the move to upgrade.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Holy crap that's heavy. I wonder if it'll be easier on his dodgy elbow as well as his knees? Either way his conditioning must be miles better than last year.

Is this new Haynesworth influenced by KVB's example I wonder?

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Go Blue Raiders!!!

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Nash is sure screwing up his chance of making the team. So out of shape they won't even let him practice!! Didn't someone notice this during the earlier workouts and tell him to straighten up

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nash could have had a great camp and still not made the team. At least he could have gotten picked up elsewhere. That appears unlikely now.

It looks like a waste of a fourth-round pick right now.

9. Well, a 5th round pick, anyway...

10. smili

smili Starter

Yeah, that's what's confusing. Even if he can't make the team here he'd want to show something to encourage another team to pick him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar