RB Depth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyb, Aug 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Barnes was a complete bust which was surprising. I don’t know what they saw in Dawkins to bring him back over McNichols last year. I didn’t see what they saw, but then I wasn’t at practices either.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

When your team is built to ground and pound, you make sure you have a few on the roster that can do so. As of right now, we don’t....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Trades are off the table this year imo

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

The draft is going to be very different. The better scouting teams could really do well though.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Not sure an UDFA can be considered a bust..

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Who remembers the game against the Raiders when Henry was running on one hamstring? A lot of those runs were completely unnecessary, due to not having a back up RB.

I like Evans, but let's not remember he's an unproven rookie RB. Talent wise, he looks the part and I can't wait to see what he brings to this team now and in the future.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If he was the lowest performing player at his position then yeah bust. I didn’t say draft bust. Any player can be a bust. It means you weren’t good enough plain and simple.

8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I disagree.
    Sankey was a bust. Kalfani was just a failed experiment. Draft capital is a huge factor.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

There is a difference between draft capital and ability. If you sign a free agent who fails, he was a bust. All “bust” means is that you couldn’t hack it. People are confusing expectation and success or failure. I don’t expect a UDFA to succeed and therefore don’t believe it’s wasting time to try him out. BUT... if he fails he was a bust. The term “bust” goes beyond sports and is a slang term for failure. Now if you simply define “success” as being signed for a tryout, then Barnes was not a bust. If instead, the expectation was that Barnes would stick and contribute, then he was a bust.

10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I suppose I was a bust too. I really wanted to be in the NFL when I was 10 and didnt end up making it.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar