RB Depth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyb, Aug 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

With the release of Dalyn Dawkins, our depth chart at RB is:

1. Derrick Henry
    2. Darrynton Evans
    3. ....

Our camp roster includes names like Marcus Marshall, Senorise Perry, and Cameron Scarlett, but those are all just camp bodies. I wouldn't expect any of them to actually make the team.

We really need to identify someone to be a solid backup in case something happened to Henry, and not put every thing on Evans.

The FA market is barren - Devota Freeman is the only name worth anything, and he had no juice last year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us try to flip a late round pick for someone more interesting. Here's my short list:
    • Royce Freeman - Denver
    • Bo Scarborough - Detroit
    • Gus Edwards - Baltimore
    • Mike Boone - Minnesota
    The other option is to just wait and see who gets cut. There will surely be some guys out on the street, but going that route means we have to wait until the season is about to start to find a 3rd back.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We didnt make use of our 3rd RB so this isnt an issue to me

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Henry won't get hurt. No need for a 3.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

What if Evans keeps fumbling?

5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I've never needed to use auto insurance either, but that doesn't mean it's not a good thing to have.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

SHOULDA GOTTEN MELVIN GORDON! Oh well I’m sure JRob will get devonta freeman to ball out here for pennies

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Apparently Marcus Marshall is the guy we replaced Dawkins with... alrighty then. Really hoping we never have to use him.

8. JCBRAVE

Nooo one wants Freeman

9. JCBRAVE

We have insurance his name is Evans

10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Evans is our new Dion Lewis. Would be nice to get a good running back so Henry not as worn out by the end of the season. Also good to get a backup cus we signed Henry long term and not many bell cow backs can handle the work load for consecutive seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar