RB Chris Johnson on Schwenke and more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans running back Chris Johnson is coming off his best game of the season, a 150-yard, two touchdown effort against the Rams last Sunday.

He hopes to have a repeat performance this Sunday against the Jaguars.

Johnson hit on a number of topics on Thursday, including the impact center Brian Schwenke has made in the running game over the past two weeks. Schwenke replaced Rob Turner for the team’s Oct. 20 game against the 49ers.

“The first game that he was in there you could tell the difference in the movement he was able to get,’’ Johnson said. “In some of the games we were having some problems, there was some penetration by the nose tackles. That instantly changed when he was inserted in there. … When you are getting penetration from there, it messes up the play from the start.”

Other topic Johnson discussed:

On Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew: “I know Maurice. He is a very good guy. I like his game. You always know any time playing that guy he can run you over. He is just a very tough runner. I’ve seen him run through a lot of guys.”

On Jaguars defense: “When you sit there and watch their film, they are still tough vs. the run. It just seems like the are tough through the first and second quarter and once the game is out of reach, that is when most teams are having a lot of success on them.”

On last week’s performance: “It gave me momentum, and I think it gave this whole offense momentum and confidence. And any time you are playing with confidence and that swagger, it is pretty hard to stop someone.”

On how many carries he’d like: “I would never turn down carries, but it is not a situation where you’d want to get it 35 times a game. If we are running it that many times a game, (Shonn Greene) will get his carries and I’ll get mine and that is kind of the formula we are working toward.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Really glad we made the switch. Run game has looked really good since.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

CJ sounds intelligible in this lol . Glad he's giving Schwenke his props, should give him confidence.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:cj: taking some diction lessons

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Easier to enunciate your words and articulate your speech when your brains aren't being battered into mush due to bad blocking every week. Now if someone would take care of those awful dreads we might have something.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fisher wouldn't have done it.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Sadly, once again, it seems like we, the fans, have a better idea who should start and who should ride the pine. I said all along, and many of you agreed... Schwenke should have started since day 1. We all know Turner was a joke, that was obvious.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think that was the coach's plan as well, but then Schwenke got hurt and missed most of training camp. They had to get him healthy and then back up to speed. I think they put him in as quickly as they could.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We all pretty much said the same, but Schwenke got hurt in camp, what are the coaches to do when their first option at Center is hurt? Gotta roll with the next man up.

Luckily for us Schwenke got better when Turner was getting worse.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar