Raymond Gaining Respect with Picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Middle Tennessee State product Keon Raymond is developing a good habit at Titans training camp. The undrafted free agent rookie corner is averaging one interception a day and is getting noticed. "He’s making nearly an interception a day, which is what you look for if you come in as an undrafted free agent," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "If you want to get someone’s attention, that’s what you need to do, and that’s what he’s done." In one-on-one drills in Tuesday afternoon’s practice, Raymond, a 5-9, 190-pounder took an interception away from fellow MTSU product Tyrone Calico in the end zone, despite giving away six inches in height. "You’ve got to make plays out here if you want to stay, and I really want to be on this team," Raymond said. "This is a dream come true to even be out here, and if they say you’ve got to make plays and be by the ball, that’s what I’m going to do."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Keep it up and he may be a surprise to make the final cut.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The practice squad for sure.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well there is Pacman, Hill, Woolfolk, possibly Gardner. Waddell is out for awhile.
    Who else is there?

5. TitanJeff

I think we'll see a waiver wire addition or a cheaper free agent in the mix at some point.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I hope so, as i said in the other post, we are very thin at corner.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds to me like he makes the team if he keeps it up. Only drawback- doesn't sound like he is a special teams force. I agree he'll probably wind up on the practice squad.

8. TitanJeff

Don't forget Cortland Finnegan. I think they'll use him at corner. I think Fuller may also get some work out there as well.

Reese will be all over the waiver wires after the cuts this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring in a couple CBs depending on how the preseason shakes out.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

now that's just silly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar