Breaking News Ray Horton alleges the Titans conducted a sham interview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

Eh, that is hardly damning evidence. For one, it's based entirely on the statement of one person, not currently affiliated with the Titans. Unless there is physical proof the Mularkey was told that, it's a baseless accusation.

I mean I believe 100% that it probably happened the way Mularkey said it did. He was the interim coach, seemed to be respected by the players, and the NFL is a "who you know" type of business. But this "proof" isn't gonna hold up in court.

#21 Carp, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Here's a novel idea, how about hiring purely based on qualification, interview..etc

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Well if you already didnt have reasons to dislike Mularkey, you do now. What a piece of mularkey.

4. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

All he had to do is fire Terry.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Every team knows who they want to hire before any interviews are ever given. Maybe they don't always get their man, but they do have an idea of who they want. You can't police who a team wants to hire.

The only thing they could have done differently is to not tell Mularkey he had the job...but why would you hide the fact that you want to hire someone and risk not being able to hire them?

Every team knows who they want to hire and I'm sure a large portion of the time the one being hired knows before all the interviews are done. You gotta lock in the coach you want at some point or they may be with a different team.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Meritocracy is dead. Urbody’s a victim.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

For real. I mean since he feels so bad I don’t know why he hasn’t given back his salary yet. Real easy to speak nice after the money is spent.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Of course it was a sham.

When you force people to interview people they aren't interested in, what else are they going to do? Get fined or have a sham interview?

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

neither one of them would've been hired if that was the case

dumb FO at the time

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd like to put the sham coaching on trial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar