Ravens, Jags and Colts fans saying we got lucky on a blown call.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The Colts should be sending Rosenfeld a HUGE A** fruit basket this morning for keeping their record somewhat reasonable after that game yesterday.

The Colts were done if the Texans had just kept the ball in the hands of their RB.

As for the Jags...well....:jagsbite:

And isn't is funny how leading up to a game you cannot get away from Ray-Ray quotes and trash-talk...yet today I have yet to find a quote from him even in the Baltimore Sun coverage.

Oh yeah...:ravens:

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

if this were Europe, and it was soccer...I wish we had soccer gangs. I would love to beat down some raven fans. (I've had this aggression since about 2000)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

I'm so sick of hearing about that freaking call... He was hit in the head... you can't do that... period... And I notice they don't bring up the 15 yarder on Hope in the first quarter that lead to 3 points... they were coming off to punt and he gets a phantom 15 yarder after being pushed in the face by TWO Ravens..

4. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

That's the truth!

But nobody is saying anything about all the BS calls on our defence. Or how Mason can run his mouth on our sideline and nobody says anything.

They can all just suck it!

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well that call on Hope was at least reasonable, Hope clearly hit the guy more aggressively then he got hit and further after the play. That roughing call was terrible, there was nothing even resembling roughing the passer on that play, and had it gone the other way I'd be very upset too. But it didn't. And we're 5-0. So HA!

6. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

There's one thing the media is not saying when they show that play.............

Let's don't forget the play was a false start! That means the play was whistled dead! But the defender kept coming and hit Kerry! That's why it was an unnessary roughness call! The play was whistled dead but the defender kept on coming and hit Kerry
    It wasn't a great call but it wasn't a blown call.

Just like the finegigan call

7. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

It was not any more reasonable... it was ticky tack.. just like the Finnegan one on the out of bounds and just like Suggs... If anything it should have been a no call or fouls on both players not just Hope.... The refs were ready for this game to be physical and called it too close... The one thing that is consistent is you can't hit the qb in the head.... I've seen this many times against the Titans but you can't do anything about it... The greatest defense in the world instead cried and let a team with a 35 year old journeyman qb and wr's that no one outside of us can name... and an old tight end march 65 yards down the field and score a TD... it was a ticky tack call that is ALWAYS called. It's certainly not luck or a blown call.... it's over-officating that happened all day to BOTH teams.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That wouldn't always be called roughing. It was questionable, but definitely not a sure call, he jumped and put his hands up and happened to hit him, it wasn't deliberate at all and looked like a very lousy call to me. I do agree though, the refs were absolutely over-officiating this game and should have just let them play more. O well, 5-0

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I had to watch the game with no sound in some out of town bar, so I didn't have the luxury of announcing, but it appeared all the way up until that call that we were by far on the bad end of the majority of calls. I remember 2-3 big calls, but off the top of my head do not remember exactly. Am getting caught up on work, and cant wait to watch DVR again.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd agree if they whistled haynesworth for tackling flacco after he jumped offsides. that play wouldn't have mattered anyway since it was already first and goal, but if anything you need to be consistent as an official.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar