Rating the pass defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TM, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't blame the pass rush...

We had 41 sacks in 2005 which tied us for 8th. Three of the teams we were tied with were the ravens, giants and bears. Yes the bears the top defense in the league. In 2005 we had 3 more sacks than the 2003 team that went 12-4.

Rushing the passer was not the problem.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

think playing 10 yards off the Wide outs on 3rd and 3 was a bit of the problem.

Schwartz is the problem, and has been since the day Fisher went to get a cup of coffee and came back with a DC.

3. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I thought Schwartzie used to bring Fish his coffee.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I know this is totally off topic but what is going on in Las Vegas that has to do w/ the NFL right now. Specifically the Atlanta Falcons.

NM I figured out what I was looking for.

If you care (I thought it was funny anyways):

Wayne Gandy over the weekend hit on my co-workers daughter in Vegas. To the point he and his group VIPed her and her group into a club got her number and even called her later in the night. Sorry Gandy no play for you.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you ain't got to buy any more popcorn until Maui.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Simple...

An easier way to see how good your pass D is to plug in the stats into the QB rating system...

TD's, INTS, yards (- lost yardage from sacks), completion %, attempts, completions, ect.

This will take out the bias factors (total passing yards being high or low). You can compare that rating to the real QB ratings and see how your D did.

I don't think I need to tell anyone that the avg QB rating against us for the season would put you into the Pro Bowl! That means our pass D was BAD!!!

While some players may have been good or excellent, this takes into consideration the pass D as a whole.

Anyone want to make a prediction on where the Titans defense will end up if we have no major injuries on d?

Gut

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good point gut but where is the follow up?

What was the QB rating against our defense? Don't tell me you were too lazy to obtain it. The stats are readily available and several web-sites will do the rating for you. You do make an exellent point.

296-470
    3216 yards
    Yards per pass attempt
    33TDs
    9ints

98.5 passing rating.

Looks like we played against joe montana 16 times.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And you had Anthony Wright and his 74.2 and Carr's 74.8 in our first game against the Cows to keep that rating under the century mark.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I wasn't too lazy, posted these numbers in another post so I don't like to repeat myself all over the board. Plus, it was readily available...and I left you the opening for a nice post. You might have mentioned that a 98.5 passer rating would be 4th best in the NFL among QB's....better than Tom Brady for instance.

Yes, it was THAT bad!!!

Actually, your Montana line is probably pretty accurate! I find that disturbing!!!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar