Rate the Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansWrath, Apr 28, 2012.

?
  1. A

8.0%
  2. B

44.3%
  3. C

29.5%
  4. D

8.0%
  5. F

10.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haha :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

2. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

Heres my Draft Grade

Wright (A): great player to compliment britt and pull D back for CJ for many years to come, and ofcourse helps out locker. sets up our WR position for years

Zach Brown (B+): once again, hes sets up a position for years. LB corps should be rock solid with ayer, mcarthy and him.

Mike Martin (A): awesome pick. everyone seems to love him and is calling him our best pick. we needed a DT badly. he should help clog that middle

Coty Sensabaugh (B): i like the potential here. i dont see CB as our biggest need like many of the analysts do as long as ATV and McCourty stay healthy. but i love his potential and adds to depth

Taylor Thompson (C): i dont even know...hes getting compared to jimmy graham and gronk but he was a DE so im not even sure that to make if it...but they traded up for him so they must have been high on him..or high

Markelle Martin (B+): he sounds like we got great value here. sounds promising and should atleast add solid depth for this year but hopefully develops to take over griffin for next year

Scott Solomon (B): they drafted back into the 7th for him so they must like him. sounds like a motor guy which we have always loved and had success with in the past so im all for it

Overall (B): Overall i love the picks and players and i feel they went BPA more than need which i have always felt is most important. i would have given a B+ had they addressed center at some point. I kept telling myself that they must have someone in mind for the later rounds but that never happened. with the 2 trades ups I was hoping one of them was going to be for a center that they wanted to mold. but it never came. either way i think they did a wonderful draft and if thompson can play half a well as jimmy graham then this is an A draft

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. gran54

gran54 Starter

A lot of people disliked last years draft class and it turned out pretty well. No need to grade a draft class until a year or two down the road. Something very similar to our past two drafts ('11 & '12) is we have picked hard working players. That makes a big difference. Klug/McCarthy/Casey are all great examples of that. People say you don't draft potential .... no one knows how any of these guys are going to turn out. I guarantee you mostly everyone on this forum thought nothing of Klug when we drafted him last year. If I'm taking a player, the one thing I don't wanna question is work ethic. If he has that, the coaches can take care of the rest.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The difference is Boykin can actually "play". Sensabaugh was drafted for his workout, not how he plays on the field. Terrible pick any way you cut it.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Truthfully, I didn't know the guy existed until he was taken, but he looked pretty good at Clemson last year.

Combine that with the obvious work ethic of an unknown that turns himself into a good player and prospect in his 5th year and his athleticism and I could see this pick paying off.

The big thing about draft picks is that we never get to see how they work day to day and what kind of chance they really get. We don't know if someone is truly a bad pick, or just a bad fit, or got lost in the numbers or whatever...

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Look at it this way. Look at the corners this team drafted in the middle to late rounds in the last few years.

Cortland Finnegan, Pro Bowler
    Alterraun Verner, starter
    Jason McCourty, starter
    Tommie Campbell, special teams ace

I think the team has earned the benefit of the doubt on this one, don't you? Or would you just prefer to b3tch and moan?

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

We will be very fast on defense. We have not been a swarming defense in years. Our offense will put points on the board. We just need more the and outs.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reynaldo Hill, Chosen One.

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

C

But more on my part as I know nothing about any of them. So kinda middle ground until I see reults

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar