Rashaan Evans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Nashville has to be the worst football City by a mile . Coming off of a playoff win, leading the division, yet here we are again. People not showing up to games, putting the rookies on blast every single day on social media. It's tough for the young guys to buy into the culture when the people who is supposed to be supporting them are doing everything in their power to ruin it. You all deserve the team that you witnessed yesterday.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

F33775E7-9960-4ECA-965B-C5064C0916CB.jpeg
    Nah not even close to the worst.
    Florida teams are way worse. Jags only slightly above us, because they were great last postseason. and every fandom has goobers who go on social media and talk smack. It’s just what people do, nowadays. Best thing and worst thing about the Internet, is that it gives everyone a voice.

If players don’t like it, they’re welcome to not use Twitter.

I think the fans are pretty much as consistent as the team is.

I don’t want to waste my day and money watching a game like this, when I can go to the bar and grill and pay 8 bucks for food, and not have a 5 hour round trip and pay to park. If I’m a bad fan, I’m fine with that.

#352 nickmsmith, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

It helps the overall count when half of the stands are filled with fans of the other team.

4. nickmsmith

Everybody has opposing fans. I saw quite a few titans jerseys in buffalo yesterday. That’s not an excuse only the titans can make.

The Steelers only have lowish attendance because their stadium is low capacity. They’re packed every week.

Just saying, Florida fans are notoriously flaky. TB, Miami especially. Miami can hardly give their tickets away.

Not saying the titans fan base isn’t bad.. it is. But it’s bad because the team has been crap, and not every base can take as much crap as browns fans.
    It’s about making the product worth paying for.

And if I’m driving to Nashville for a sport, I’m going to a preds game, where the production from the organization isn’t phoned in, and where it isn’t just excessive standing around and commercial breaks (which is the NFLs fault)

#354 nickmsmith, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

VERY TRUE. He is obviously frustrated, and so am I as a fan. I am really angry with JROB right now because he refuses to do anything about our WR or TE situation. If Williams isnt cut this week, I am going to be even more upset.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Florida isn't a good barometer for anything, you can make anything look good if you compare it to something in Florida.

I understand why people don't want to go to the games, but I'm sick of our young players having to defend themselves against the fans, FFS. And I personally don't think improvements to the game day experience will make a difference, people will just move on something else to complain about.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Incredibly dumb tweet y'day. If ILB is not his primary position, that's news to everyone because that's certainly what he was drafted to play. Also, piss poor effort on Allen's TD run. Be better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Re-watched the game focusing on Evans....it was not pretty at all...his play actually reminded me of Chris Henry who seemed to blindly run with the ball having no feel for the game...Evans was guessing or just making horrible reads almost all game long....on one play they handed the ball off and Evans then bails into coverage running away from the RB. I know it is early and he is coming off of an injury and has missed time, but I was hoping to see him be more instinctual around the football. I always felt that his biggest asset to the team would be as a guy who could cover TEs and rush the passer. He was never a thumper for Bama...he played behind a stud DL and got free shots at the RB. I hope to see improvement soon

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Unfortunately instincts is something you either have or you don’t.

And I’m not just talking about football or sports, but just in general.

There’s things you can do, coaching, studying, etc. to try and help.

For the most part though, you either have a nose for the ball or you don’t.

10. nickmsmith

If I remember right, Correa didn’t keep contain on the QB and got burned when the QB rolled out. First and foremost, that’s his fault. Outside rusher pretty much always needs to keep QB containment.

The LB in coverage (I guess Evans) was forced to cover the receiver or rush the QB.

If he has rushed, he could have dumped it to the receiver. Tough choice. Turns out it was the wrong choice, but hindsight is 20/20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar